WC: Breakout players

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
kris russel... I was at first thinking he was just a hole filler for team canada, but ive been quite impressed with him on the PP especially.

Guess I don't watch many columbus games

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
russell, tavares, and duchense.

Don't get to see stamkos play much (just hilights) didn't realize he is so fast and strong.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
One of the better Finns.

He could very well be the flashiest player in the whole tournament. Unbelievable skill, he's a beast in 1 on 1-situations. He had a good EHT-tournament with 2+3=5 points in 3 games but has only 1 assist in 2 games here while dominating the play. Should be more effective to be considered as a "breakout player". We'll see.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
As others wrote yesterday, Richard Panik deserves mentioning on this list. Even more so after today. He was moved to the first line versus Belarus, and to RW where he feels more comfortable. Panik set up two Bartovic goals and had several good scoring opportunities. Not only is his shot great, but I like his size and how difficult it is to take the puck from him. Good poise for a teenager on the top line, and bravo Glen Hanlon for having the confidence to put him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad