Breakout Players For Your Team 2006-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
who do you think will be a breakout player for your team next year, whether it be a prospect or a current roster player?

for montreal i have to say i think alexander perezhogin will be that guy. lots of experience this year, and more than likely will end up on the 1st/2nd line, and with more confidence and playing time i'd say 25 goals and 60 points is not out of the question.

Joretus

It's not my team, but I'll predict Salmelainen will do nice for Hawks next year. Kontiola too if he'll get a chance. And for NYR Immonen will do fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
For the Wild...

O'sullivan on offense..

Burns on D...if they keep him at D...

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Zach Parise for New Jersey! He´s underrated here by posters because of a slow start (for him and NJ) and his +/- stats. I think he could become a very very good second line center!

Same with Rostislav Olesz for the Panthers. Very gifted and often looks like he´d be 27. Would fit in perfect with Jokinen and Horton as a defensive responsible forward with scoring touch on Florida´s first line. And even if he will not reach his full potential he is already able to play great on a checking line.

Gilbert Brule will also very likely put up some good numbers for the Blue Jackets next year if he can stay healthy, but that wouldn´t be a big surprise I think...

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
parise underrated?

god i think he has more threads on this prospects forums then crosby..

remember his draft year and year after?

Dude was hyped to no end...he's hardly underrated by posters.

Sure he can be a good 2nd line center, but the way people talked about him here, you would think he was the equivalent to a crosby type.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pens, obviously Malkin. Though Crosby as an odd selection that might surprise with some real growth, hard as that is to believe. He should build on this rookie year as he fills out some, the growth from 18 to 19 is usually pretty significant. And the Pens could not have been worse this year, and should improve taking some pressure off of Crosby. Malkin alone on the second line should remove some of the checking line attention from Crosby night in and night out. I could see him making some nice progress even though he did wonders this year.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Chrisd said:
parise underrated?

god i think he has more threads on this prospects forums then crosby..

remember his draft year and year after?

Dude was hyped to no end...he's hardly underrated by posters.

Sure he can be a good 2nd line center, but the way people talked about him here, you would think he was the equivalent to a crosby type.

Yes, that was after he was drafted. and now half of all these threads call him a bust because he´s not on pace for 100 points.
People here are talking ***** all the time (Is Malkin a bust? etc.). When he was drafted he was overrated. Now everyone looks at his AHL and NHL stats and thinks "man, this guy has lesser points than games played (..even at the AHL level)" and two seconds later his name is in a bust-thread or compared to some average 3rd-liners.
But if you think he is not underrated or I think he is, this thread is about next year break-out players and I think he will be one of this guys :D

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to say (hope?) that David Hale establishes himself next season as a 20min top four defenseman in New Jersey. His time is coming, so he needs to step up and grab the impending opportunity.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Lee Stempniak and Jay McClement. The way they've played in the past 10 or so games, future looks bright for the Blues' offense.

On defense, Bäckman will open some eyes I believe. He's got a very good defensive game and will show more offense next year I believe.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
For the Bruins, Hannu Toivonen. It could have been this year if not for the ankle injury.

komisakick ass

Jul 19, 2003
Top Titty, Qc
Visit site
I will post some name that(have not been mentionned) I think they can breakout next year.
Fehr
Radulov
Higgins
Steen
Fritsche
Brown
Wolski
Perry
Nilsson
Hudler
Lombardi
Bergfors
Pominville
Ouellet

komisakick ass

Jul 19, 2003
Top Titty, Qc
Visit site
SneakerPimp82 said:
Lee Stempniak and Jay McClement. The way they've played in the past 10 or so games, future looks bright for the Blues' offense.

On defense, Bäckman will open some eyes I believe. He's got a very good defensive game and will show more offense next year I believe.
Is Stempniak gonna be a first liner?
what you think his potentiel is?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
komisakick *** said:
I will post some name that(have not been mentionned) I think they can breakout next year.
Fehr
Radulov
Higgins
Steen
Fritsche
Brown
Wolski
Perry
Nilsson
Hudler
Lombardi
Bergfors
Pominville
Ouellet

Higgins is actually breaking out, and Alex Steen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad