BREAKING...TSN: NHL has rejected the NHLPA's 49M proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
if they cant agree at this stage because of some supposed final deadline the two would look like complete idiots and be the laughing stock of pro sports

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gotta love the posters on this board. "It's only a $190 million difference. Split is sown the middle."

Guess it's easy to spend someone elses money.

Yes progress has been made. But to say this is a done deal when there still is almost a $200 million difference is absurd. Strikes and lockouts begin fighting over this much money.

HughJass*

Doc Hollywood said:
It is just not 6.5 mil. Under 42.5 Cap the Legue will pay out 61% of revenue to players and under the 49 mil Cap it would be 71%. That is a big difference. This is based on 2004 NHL Revenue at 2.1 billion which will certainly decline due to the lockout.

Uhhmm, course you know every team is not going to go near $42.5 mil...only half of them. And if a luxury tax kicks in then they will get some of that money back. So, you have to factor that in.....it's a better deal.

I can't believe this. I'm sure Bettman & Goodenow are going to plead it at $45 M and be done with it. I must say, this was some great negotiations when it's all said and done. If this deal gets done, Bettman did a great job no matter how long it took to get a deal done.

If he adopts some rule changes right off the bat and put a more open game on the ice then I will look forward to the new NHL.

EDIT: I could have sworn I saw 16 teams at that level but obviously it's only 4.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Jason MacIsaac said:
It isn't 6.5 million dollars. It is 6.5 times 30 team. 195 million is much worse then 6.5 as people say.

And even if it was this and they would lose this for the duration of the new CBA (6 years) that is total of cirka 1,17 billion.

When compared to one year's revenues for the entire league, there's no way owners can be stupid enough not to make the deal and end up in this same situation a year from now.

They could get by with NHLPA's offer, let alone anything in the 45 million range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad