BREAKING...TSN: NHL has rejected the NHLPA's 49M proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
^Betteman did indeed send a letter to Goodenow, McKenzie just read it.

Well at least this makes up for trade deadline day...

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This could probably be solved with a round of South-Parkesque c'mons

"like, c'mon"
"yeah, like, c'mon"
"yeah! c'mon!"

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
There will be an agreement.

If they lose the season for 6-7 million dollars, they're jokers.

As Kyprios said,

League is owned by billionaires and they cant let go off the season for 6-7 million dollars.

* Please God... *

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
clefty said:
Actully they surprised me, reported that the players rejected the NHL offer and proposed their own, but still haven't caught on that the NHL has already rejected the players counter proposal, still not bad for ESPN, but they still suck.

mooseOAK*

MaDdY said:
There will be an agreement.

If they lose the season for 6-7 million dollars, they're jokers.

I can't believe that people think that isn't a large amount of money, to anyone.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
snakepliskin said:
has goodenow done enough in the last 12 hours to prove that he has negotiated in good faith when it comes up at the labor boards?

At this point I don't think this thing is going to go to court. Neither side is acting like it and there is clearly not an impasse. If this went to a court the judges would laugh at a 6 million difference and smack these two morons out the door

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
well the NHLPA moved 3.0 mil to the NHL's 2.5 mil Hradek said this is going to volly back and forth through the night. Its upon the HOSERS who got us into this pee pee contest ( IE GREENDOW&BUTTMAN ) to swallow thier pride and find that 45-46 mil range.

for the good of the game man!

what was the system before? how many teams above the PA proposal of 49MIL?? youre cutting expenses in half alrady, you got the union to cave!

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT NHL????? GIVE US OUR G-DAMNED GAME ALREADY!!!

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
It isn't 6.5 million dollars. It is 6.5 times 30 team. 195 million is much worse then 6.5 as people say.

All the teams are already under 49 million with the rollback and there is no way a bunch of the lower teams ever crack 40. So no, its not 195 million.

X0ssbar

snakepliskin said:
has goodenow done enough in the last 12 hours to prove that he has negotiated in good faith when it comes up at the labor boards?

I'm no impasse expert but there is no way in H-E-doublehockeystick that the NHL could declare an impasse and win at this point. The biggest hurdle has been jumped in CAPtastic fashion and now these clowns are only 6 mil apart.

These guys are gonna get it done. They are way to close at this point.

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
It isn't 6.5 million dollars. It is 6.5 times 30 team. 195 million is much worse then 6.5 as people say.

Except most teams, for the last time, WON'T GO NEAR THE CAP LIMIT!!!

But for those who say it isn't much, 49m is around 15% more than 42.5! FIFTEEN PERCENT IS A LOT MORE!

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
snakepliskin said:

No. The NLRB will look at the whole process, not just the last 12 hours.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
no13matssundin said:
Like I said in the other thread. This is it. This is last one. The PA needs to cave, or we'll be watching NHL hockey in September with replacements playing under a 31 Mil Hard Cap. Guarenteed.

OMG the players HAVE CAVED. They accepted a cap. Now its time for Bettman to let go of his EGO for one second and propose something like 45 or 46 million. If he doesnt move from 42.5 then its HIS FAULT there will be no NHL.

ResidentAlien*

Buttman was an idiot for playing this "final offer" crap with 18 hours left until "THE" deadline. What did he expect the NHLPA to say, "Yes sir, your Majesty, we'll be glad to take your Final Offer and not submit a counter offer of our own"?
What a rube move. He will have to eat crow now, as fans will, in no way, take getting this close now without coming away with a deal.
Hope Gary likes his blackbird pie....

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
JWI19 said:
Who is really shocked by this? I'm actually more hopefully already that he already rejected it so soon. It gives more time for them to find that magic number.

Quite! The faster they say no, the more proposals they can make! There's a good chance here, you know! There just might be a season yet...

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
mooseOAK said:
I can't believe that people think that isn't a large amount of money, to anyone.

I think everyone realizes that it is alot of money. The thing is that compared to the damage that will be done if the season is cancelled, it really isn`t that significant.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Do you really think the nhlpa is that stupid to lose the season because of 3 teams going over the cap? Did the formally reject the NHLs 42.5 offer? If they haven't I think they are trying to get a little more. You also can't think of it as only 6.5 mill, its more like 180 odd million to the nhl.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Hopefully they talk all night and we wake up to a CBA.

PA 47
NHL: 43.8!
PA: 46.3!
NHL: 45
PA: 45.6
NHL: 45.3
PA: 45.4
DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events