Breakaways (What to do on)

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Since you're playing ball hockey, here's a easy move to make on a breakaway that will almost always end up in a goal.

1) Go full speed towards the goalie.
2) As you approach the goalie, make the goalie commit to your forehand side, and push the ball behind you through the middle of your legs.
3) Do a 360 degrees turn and scoop the ball on your backhand as you turn.
4) Put the ball into the empty net on your backhand.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
A modified Pavel Bure stick to skate and back to stick before shooting move is also a pretty effective breakaway move, except you obviously have to kick the ball back with a shoe instead of a skate in ball hockey.

Another basic thing I can't stress enough is looking at the area you want your shot to go to before shooting because when you have your head down, you'll often end up shooting right at the goalie, or to a spot which the goalie can easily reach.

member 30781

Hockeylover said:
I get one or two break-aways each game. The problem starts when comes the time to shoot! I had two this morning. Each time I shot directly on the goalie with a 3-mile-an-hour shot... :cry: What does work for you? I should go on a parking lot and make some tests? I think I've answered my own question.... :biglaugh:
I say pull a Datsyuk, that always works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->