breakaway problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
OK, I would consider myself the one of the faster guys on my team (being in my twenties while everyone else is 40+ has its advantages). It seems every other game I get a partial breakaway up the middle of the ice. Crossing the blueline into the offensive zone I have to partially slow down to settle the puck and get a shot off. By that time the dman is right on me and is able to tie my stick up before I can even get a shot. Im 0 for 5 on my chances and its pretty frustrating because I thought for sure I had more time than I did. Im a right handed shot coming up the middle, everytime i pull the puck back for a shot the D manage to wrap his stick around mine. Even when I ty to keep the puck out in front of me the manage to catch up to me when I try to settle for a shot. Any tips to help me?

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I don't know your skill level, but you might try thinking backhand instead of a wristshot. A defenseman is going to come in on your right figuring that you'll have to bring the puck to him in order to shoot. If you go backhand you can keep the puck directly in front of you the whole time and he'll have to reach all the way around or dive or drag you down. You don't need to have a nasty backhand just make the goalie have to move his feet and open the 5 hole. Give it a try and good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad