Braydon Coburn ties WHL record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Coburn netted 4 goals in Friday's game against Seattle, tying a WHL record for goals in a game by a defenseman. He also took on Seattle tough guy Zach Fitzgerald, and held his own in a fight.

Since coming back from World Jr's, Coburn has really had a fire under his butt, and stepped up his play and leadership for the Winter Hawks.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Anything over 2 goals for a d-man is damn impressive. Coburn isn't my favorite prospect, but you gotta give him credit for this.

bruins4777*

Great news, glad to konw he's developing and not becomming another ryan whitney.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
bruins4777 said:
Great news, glad to konw he's developing and not becomming another ryan whitney.
Ryan Whitney is playing extremely wel at the AHL level. He had a horrible start and since then has been impressive.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
Ryan Whitney is playing extremely wel at the AHL level. He had a horrible start and since then has been impressive.
He's right.

chicpea*

Habsfan 32 said:
Thats hell of a game for a forward but for a defenseman it's even more impressive.

Totally. Remember Souray's game against Pittsburgh last year? That was something too.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
chicpea said:
Totally. Remember Souray's game against Pittsburgh last year? That was something too.

I'd rather not remember that game. Wow, was that ugly to watch.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
That's great for Coburn. He's already a step behind Phaneuf and Suter of the Big 3 and was looking pretty dissapointing.

Now he's playing well in every aspect of his game, must be good for Thrasher fans to see.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Just wondering, anyone know whose record it was before Coburn tied it?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Doomsday Device said:
Deron Quint and Sergei Klimentiev both scored 4 goals in a game during the 94-95 season. Al MacInnis holds the CHL record with 5 goals.

Lemme guess, 5 huge slappers from the blue line ? What a shot he had.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
WVpens said:
Just wondering, anyone know whose record it was before Coburn tied it?

From the WHL site:

MOST GOALS BY A DEFENCEMAN:
4 - Richie Regehr, Portland Winter Hawks, November 27, 2002, versus Prince George Cougars. Winter Hawks won 10-2.
- Nathan Paetsch, Moose Jaw Warriors, January 26, 2002, versus Swift Current Broncos. Warriors won 7-1.
- Deron Quint, Seattle Thunderbirds, March 2, 1995, at Tri-Cities against Tri-Cities Americans. Thunderbirds won 6-3.
- Sergei Klimentiev, Medicine Hat Tigers, March 12, 1995, at Lethbridge against Lethbridge Hurricanes. Tigers won 4-3.
- Justin Kurtz, Brandon Wheat Kings, February 28, 1997, at Brandon against Moose Jaw Warriors. Warriors won 6-5.
- Nathan Paetsch, Moose Jaw Warriors, January 26, 2002, versus Swift Current Broncos. Warriors won 7-1.

bruins4777*

Jason MacIsaac said:

Meh, from what i saw he didn't quite play HORRIBLE. He just hasn't made progress, good to know he finally is. From what i read and saw he just kinda was at a standstill for the past couple years since he was drafted, then he had a great AHL playoff, then he started off absolutely horrible, i thought he just kinda leveled off recently, but its good to know he's been playing better. I like the kid.

bruins4777*

Jacobv2 said:
Nice backpedaling.

how was i backpedling?
In my first statement i clearly indicated that i felt like he'd be like ryan whitney because he wasn't developing much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad