Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That play against the Devils was just amazing. The way he was able to do that spin-o-rama at that speed was outstanding. I still wish that would've been his first goal.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I'd just like to say that last year in my keeper pool, I traded my 1st rounder (turned out to be the 12th overall pick in the draft last fall) for a pickup that I used to snag Point while he was still in juniors. Some people might say I'm a hockey savant.

Carry on, peasants.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I'd just like to say that last year in my keeper pool, I traded my 1st rounder (turned out to be the 12th overall pick in the draft last fall) for a pickup that I used to snag Point while he was still in juniors. Some people might say I'm a hockey savant.

Carry on, peasants.

In 2014/2015, James Neal for Mark Giordano and a 2015 5th Round prospect pick (Approx 50th overall)- used on Brayden Point.

Your move.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Man, is this kid a treat to watch or what? It's amazing to see how he went from "blocking a roster spot" early last season (according to some on HF) to possibly 1C material on most other teams this season. Great hockey IQ, vision, positioning, speed, grit, clutch goals.

He's leading the Lightning with 7 game winning goals (followed by Serg at 5 and Kuch at 4). In fact he's leading the entire league in GWG.

Last edited:

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Point has been the biggest wow-factor in the team along with Vasy for me, simply because I in no way expected either of them to downright dominate some games.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Doesn't need a good release when he's learned to how to score by flubbing shots over the goalie.

He doesn't do it enough though. See time in the American League and he'll be flubbing goalies into submission nightly

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Carry on, peasants.

In 2014/2015, James Neal for Mark Giordano and a 2015 5th Round prospect pick (Approx 50th overall)- used on Brayden Point.

Your move.

Sat on Laine until about 14 picks left in the draft, took him and won muh league.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
IMG_0131.JPG

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's shocking how fast he has become so good. You have to be a special player to make Yzerman managed team straight from the juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->