Brawl of Piastany (sp) relived in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Bob McKenzie was saying that this game has the potential to become like the brawl at Piastany (spelling wrong) if the Russians showboat or Ovechkin pretends to shoot at the goalie in warmups.

My guess is that there won't be a huge brawl unless the game is 4-0 or a team is up by 4 or 5 midway to late 3rd period. Both teams know how important this game is so Canada will be disciplined for the most part I think. Unless they are wining or losing by a few.

I use to really like Ovechkin and Malkin, but now I hope Phanuef hits them like he did Olesz last year. Hell I don't even care if its Phaneuf, even if Richards or Weber takes care of business.

Wouldn't you all love to see Jordin Tootoo on this team? Damn that guy was a train.

This would be that soft baby Malkins face when seeing Tootoo on the ice : :eek:

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Bob McKenzie was saying that this game has the potential to become like the brawl at Piastany (spelling wrong) if the Russians showboat or Ovechkin pretends to shoot at the goalie in warmups.

My guess is that there won't be a huge brawl unless the game is 4-0 or a team is up by 4 or 5 midway to late 3rd period. Both teams know how important this game is so Canada will be disciplined for the most part I think. Unless they are wining or losing by a few.

I use to really like Ovechkin and Malkin, but now I hope Phanuef hits them like he did Olesz last year. Hell I don't even care if its Phaneuf, even if Richards or Weber takes care of business.

Wouldn't you all love to see Jordin Tootoo on this team? Damn that guy was a train.

First of all, there will not be a brawl. Both teams know better and those things just don't happen in hockey anymore, which is unfortunate.

Secondly, no, I would hate to see Tootoo on this team. He is a brutal hockey player. He would have never had a shot of making this years Team Canada.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
hossy316 said:
First of all, there will not be a brawl. Both teams know better and those things just don't happen in hockey anymore, which is unfortunate.

Secondly, no, I would hate to see Tootoo on this team. He is a brutal hockey player. He would have never had a shot of making this years Team Canada.

I would have put him on the 4th/energy line. He hit everything in site which Canada lacks this year IMO.

And you say there aren't brawls anymore in hockey, is that what you would say about the NBA before last month?

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
trahans99 said:

Yea Ovechkin and Malkin are cocky pricks. I would love to see Stewart level one of them.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
trahans99 said:
I would have put him on the 4th/energy line. He hit everything in site which Canada lacks this year IMO.

And you say there aren't brawls anymore in hockey, is that what you would say about the NBA before last month?

What does the NBA have anything to do with this?? :dunno:

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
My concern is that this is probably going to be a very tightly called game. I wouldnt' be surprised if hard hits are given roughing penalties to try and stop anything from happening, and that definately does not benefit Canada.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
hossy316 said:
What does the NBA have anything to do with this?? :dunno:

He said that they don't brawl anymore in hockey. I'm sure people thought the same of NBA, but look what happend last month. You can't predict the future especially in sports. Brawls can happen in any sport but golf lol

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
trahans99 said:
He said that they don't brawl anymore in hockey. I'm sure people thought the same of NBA, but look what happend last month. You can't predict the future especially in sports. Brawls can happen in any sport but golf lol
happy gilmore

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
IMO what Bob McKenzie wrote yesterday is the worst piece of anything he ever did.

Why would there be any fights? Let alone any unsportsmanship acts on behalf of the Russians? This is ridiculous. I don't believe that Canada will follow USA's steps, because they're more disciplined and know the meaning of the word "sportsmanship" way better than the Americans.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
I think it's just bizarre that so many people are more outraged and disgusted by showboating and taunting than they are with cheapshots and injury attempts. They both suck, but why are only complain about one of them? When Tootoo was leaping off the ice on most of his hits and headhunting last year most of the posters on this board were singing his praises. And so it goes this year, where people are complimenting US skaters who were intentionally hitting people in the face with their sticks, and moaning about how Ovechkin is going to ruin civilization as we know it.

chicpea*

MOGiLNY said:
see you guys say Ovechkin and Malkin are arseholes, but then you dream of them being double teamed..

It's called cause and effect. If you fail to see the problem with AO crossing centre during the warm-up then you have either never played hockey or you simply disregard the rules. It's that simple. His "ritual" bears no influence, no matter how cool you think it is. If he tries it, he will be penalised, or beaten and then penalised.

espo*

I don't think it will happen..........both teams want to win.....i'm sure the competition will be intense and rough but that's about it.It's not out of the realm of possibility but i would'nt lay money on a brawl happening.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
trahans99 said:

I hope Canada Blows the game wide open and there is a repeat of the Piestany Punch up that would be awesome. I dont know why the US didnt goon it up a bit at the end of the last game.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
wilka91 said:
IMO what Bob McKenzie wrote yesterday is the worst piece of anything he ever did.

Why would there be any fights? Let alone any unsportsmanship acts on behalf of the Russians? This is ridiculous. I don't believe that Canada will follow USA's steps, because they're more disciplined and know the meaning of the word "sportsmanship" way better than the Americans.

Your right Canada won't follow USA's footsteps. But why would you ask ... why would Russia show any unsportsmanship acts" ...... hmmm i wander why they would too... but they do :dunno:

Maybe b/c they are just down right over cocky and rude!!

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Your right Canada won't follow USA's footsteps. But why would you ask ... why would Russia show any unsportsmanship acts" ...... hmmm i wander why they would too... but they do :dunno:

Maybe b/c they are just down right over cocky and rude!!

Amen Bro!!!! Someone from their Junior team always seems to be pulling classless **** like this.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I think the only chance there can be anything at all is if Ovechkin (or anyone on either team) tries to pull something in warm up...and the only reason anyone mentions Ovechkin is because he's the only one who so far has pulled anything with his fake scoring routine (as reported by MacKenzie)...this story is a legitimate issue...now of course it becomes a non-issue if nothing happens in warm up...I don't think anyone will do anything to negatively impact their team's chances...and the coaches of both teams have certainly told their players to keep it disciplined in this game...so I hope for a great clean game...

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
wilka91 said:

You are kidding, right?

If there is any Russian 'classless-ness' tonite, I hope they are taught a hard physical lesson.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
the "code" in hockey is still alive and well.

by ovechkin doing his fake deke, score & celebration, he violates the code, and he shows total disrespect and a complete lack of class.

whether people think it's right or wrong, his actions are going to catch up to him eventually.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
trahans99 said:

I have lost all respect for tootoo after he dropped his gloves early and basically sucker punched iginla, a premier calibre player, in the face, turtled then celebrated like he won the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad