Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Report: Senators talking to teams about Brassard
Report: Senators talking to teams about Brassard

What do you guys realistically think we can get for him? Signed through next year at 5 million. I think a 2nd and a good prospect? Dorion is asking for a first round pick, a prospect and a third piece, ask high sell in the middle?
Cap hit is 5 but real money is 3.5m. A late first and a top end Prospect from a contender.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I would think we will get a playoff team 1st (we will get very good prospect in the 15-25 range), a Harper level prospect, and a conditional 3rd, or something along those lines.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I would think we will get a playoff team 1st (we will get very good prospect in the 15-25 range), a Harper level prospect, and a conditional 3rd, or something along those lines.

I’d say pull the trigger if that’s the return. Brassard was never in this team’s long-term plans imo. We’re just ditching him a bit earlier than expected.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

From the Pens .. who could have interest.
I'd be interested in their 1st + Jordan Bellerive (undrafted 2017) still 18 y/o 5'10 190 C - L
2017-18Lethbridge HurricanesWHL53373673
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
+ a 2nd/3rd.

I'd also be interested in a 1st + Rust

Pens don't really have the cap space for Brassard ,, they would have to clear.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A 1st and a top prospect, minimum. But the way they pinch pennies , the offer will have to e something that Dorion cannot refuse

Reactions: Icelevel

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
The good thing about getting a 1st from Columbus is that it could end up being in the top 15 with the way they're playing. Doubt Brass would solve their scoring issues but let's not tell them that!
Haha, picking anywhere late in the first is fine with me. We’ll be able to take defenceman with our pick and a good forward like Bokk/Lundestrom/Kotkaniemi with the acquired pick.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don’t think CBJ would give up the equivelant of two 1st rounders. Especially considering they are not a lock for the playoffs, not to mention a top 8 team or so.

It would be more in line with 1st + lesser prospect than Milano

Or

Milano + 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I like Milano, but he’s a winger and this draft is deep. I’d shoot for the 1st.

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
Since we're giving up our pick next year id love to see us acquire a 2019 1st rounder for Brassard. I know this is a deep draft but I hate the idea of being a retooling team without a single pick in the first round next year.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Since we're giving up our pick next year id love to see us acquire a 2019 1st rounder for Brassard. I know this is a deep draft but I hate the idea of being a retooling team without a single pick in the first round next year.

Well, we don’t know if we’re retooling yet. Clearly some moves will be made, but if we keep Hoffman and Pageau and move out Smith, Brass, Oduya we should still be able to ice a competitive team next year. A lot depends on the return in the trades.

We certainly need better goaltending and special teams next year. If we don’t get that, we’re not going anywhere.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Would trade him to the highest bidder ASAP, haven't been thrilled with his time here at all nor have I been let down really, he is a mediocre player imo and is best suited to second/third line duties.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad