Confirmed with Link: Brassard for 2018 1st + Gustavsson + Cole...or not...maybe, some time. Eventually. Probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I absolutely despised his hiring. I was ticked off. So happy to be eating plenty of crow now.
His problem was he needed a fresh start and Carolina was a budget team, not much they could do so his trades looked bad as he was forced to overpay to get anyone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You can't retain for specific years, it must be both years. And Rip's call of Rowney playing L4 RW seems to be closer to reality at this point.

Unless we can score another wing...hopefully JR is not done and we'll be even more hated by Monday

Reactions: wizmet12

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So the Pens have around $1.3 million in cap space now. I looked up the rules and basically when you divide the days in the season, 186, by remaining days, around 50, it means you can sign someone with a contract that for the year is about 3.5 times the cap space you have. So we can sign a guy with a north of $4 million cap hit annually on defense.

Did I read that right?

Reactions: Riptide

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wonder if JR might have mentioned that to GMGM?

No joke immediately I told my brother I think this is the ultimate payback from teh 2017 agreement for MAF. JR held his word. GMGM comes back and gives the Pens something back. There is NO reason for GMGM to do that... other than respect for an old school handshake.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If somehow we don't win the cup, and I mean this sincerely. I hope Vegas does, for many reasons including tonight.

Reactions: farscape1

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
No joke immediately I told my brother I think this is the ultimate payback from teh 2017 agreement for MAF. JR held his word. GMGM comes back and gives the Pens something back. There is NO reason for GMGM to do that... other than respect for an old school handshake.
giphy.gif

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

That is what I think too. That's payback for Fleury.

That is how these old school guys work.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I actually feel kinda dirty now. That's a video game trade and the result is a ridiculous looking roster.

Now all we need to do is get Brassard to gel in and stay reasonably lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->