A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
President - Shanahan
GM - Dubas
Ass. GM - Pridham (Contracts/Cap)
Ass. GM - TBD (Marlies and some Leafs)
Dir. of Scouting - TBD

My guess is Hunters position will be changed back to director of scouting as he was given the Ass. GM title but it’s not really needed anymore.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he's responsible for the cap hits on Kadri and Rielly, we are in good hands.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
President - Shanahan
GM - Dubas
Ass. GM - TBD (Marlies and some Leafs)
Dir. of Scouting - TBD

My guess is Hunters position will be changed back to director of scouting as he was given the Ass. GM title but it’s not really needed anymore.

Seems to me that will be what will happen as well. Hunter had a unique role and title that won't be filled the same way.

GM - Dubas
Ass. GM - Francis (Marlies and player personnel)
Dir. of Scouting - Speltz? Vuori? A poach hire?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Would it be a stretch to say Brendan Shanahan is actually the GM of the Leafs and under Lou he built a good mentorship program ostensibly for himself, and now he has an evolved braintrust with Dubas and Pridham? Just seems like he's in a great role politically removed but also a high degree of input.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Would it be a stretch to say Brendan Shanahan is actually the GM of the Leafs and under Lou he built a good mentorship program ostensibly for himself, and now he has an evolved braintrust with Dubas and Pridham? Just seems like he's in a great role politically removed but also a high degree of input.

Shanny said his role hasnt changed and Dubas has the exact same authority that Lou had.

And if there was any doubt what Lou could do, he said he had 100% authority to do whatever he wanted with the team.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
we already know why Hunter left

Yeah the whole sulking cause I didn't get the GM thing is not in Hunter's character. I have no proof but IMO Dubas wanted to go to "war" with his people behind him and not people hired by other executives. IMO Dubas asked Hunter to leave or Dubas asked Shanny to fire Hunter.

There is no way if I'm in an executive position, would I have people who wanted my job but didn't get it, its a recipe for conflict and being undermined, I don't want yes men but I also don't want people who don't have my back.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Promoting Pridham to AGM is a no brainer, he is a good Cap and Contract man and with the contracts of Nylander Marner and Matthews are soon to be negotiated, his talent will be much needed and also promoting from within the organization is good karma with others aspiring to climb the ladder however if other people with good skills in other areas like scouting, should also get a look see.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah the whole sulking cause I didn't get the GM thing is not in Hunter's character. I have no proof but IMO Dubas wanted to go to "war" with his people behind him and not people hired by other executives. IMO Dubas asked Hunter to leave or Dubas asked Shanny to fire Hunter.

There is no way if I'm in an executive position, would I have people who wanted my job but didn't get it, its a recipe for conflict and being undermined, I don't want yes men but I also don't want people who don't have my back.
I agree whoever got the job would want there own people but it's been speculated for months that whoever didn't get the job would leave so there's no way i believe Hunter wanted to stay and Dubas fired him . Sure i can see that he offered to stay until after the draft as a courtesy to Shanny but both knew that it would be better for both if he left .

I also believe that Shanny knew both Hunter and LL were leaving well before he announced it since LL was meeting with JT on the Islanders behalf and by the response Shanny gave when asked about Hunter . Why he waited to announce there departure imo was his attempt at damage control by being able to announce he had a new agm in place to shift the discussion .

also we shouldn't get hung up on job titles since not every GM has the same authority/autonomy and i really don't care what is said for public consumption

and people can call Hunter a whiny baby all they like but the fact is he's put himself in the financial position that he doesn't need to work and will only take a position he wants as well as work with the people he wants too

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi and 93LEAFS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad