Confirmed with Link: Brandon Pridham Promoted To Assistant General Manager

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Promotion keeps him happy though, especially if he eventually aspires to one day be a GM. He is a guy we can't afford to lose at this point with the big 3 contract negotiations and navigating cap challenges.
I personally think within the NHL this is as high as he can possibly rise. His skill set while extremely unique is way too isolated to have significant value as the person who runs the Hockey-Ops of an NHL team.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He was there anyways, kind of a big whoop from me. Saw the name trending, was worried he left lol.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

F06bPD.gif

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
To me it seemed Pridham was more of a consultant for the CBA loop holes and contract structures. Now maybe he has more input? I'm sure his role isn't the exact same when the entire make up of the front office has changed.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Predicted this for a while now.

I think he plays a way bigger role behind the scenes than many assume. And the way he’s been handling the Leafs contracts/cap situation has been great so far.

Great move.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
would you look at that.
Pridham does cap, and contract negotiations.
colour me shocked.

We know, they do things as a team, it's not a unilateral thing and never has been. They have gone so far as to say this publicly Daisy.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Great to see.

I'd like to see them add someone from outside the organization as well. Maybe not as an AGM, but in some capacity.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So are we going to have three assistant GM's or are we changing the structure of the front office? He's going to do the exact same job he always did just with a more official title. The second guy will pretty much have to do everything Hunter and Dubas did combined otherwise, or duties will be dispersed differently throughout the organization now.
Probably hire at least one other guy, hopefully someone with great NHL talent evaluation, and trading skills. Maybe hire someone to fill hunter's scouting shoes, but I'm ok with leaving the scouting to the scouts

So in the end you have

Dubas the GM

Pridham the AGM, cap, contracts, negotiating, talking to NHL office.

XXXXX the AGM, head of NHL player evaluations, AHL team and good at trading.

Optional XXXXX as head of Junior players, scouting, draft evaluations.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes but he is the main guy in charge of those.

Well sure, he was the Assistant to the GM and would have been a big part in negotiations. It's not like he isn't given a framework by the GM. This move just puts him a tier up and if memory serves gives him authorization to sign off on contracts. I am not sure about that for certain though.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Well sure, he was the Assistant to the GM and would have been a big part in negotiations. It's not like he isn't given a framework by the GM. This move just puts him a tier up and if memory serves gives him authorization to sign off on contracts. I am not sure about that for certain though.
agm don't have the final say on contracts , hell Presidents and GM's usually have to go through the owner(s) for final authorization before the deal gets finalized , at least for the bigger ones

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You can tell this is a pretty agreeable move since it's only 2 pages so far.
I believe everyone thought he was doing a good job and all that's been reported is that he's going to be staying with the team and doing the same job but with a new title .

and until it's reported that he has new responsibilities (if he does get any) there's really nothing to discuss

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I suspect he'll get a much bigger role in contract negotiations and cap allocations on players. He probably had a small say under Lamoriello before but it's likely to be a much bigger say now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad