Injury Report: Brandon Kozun - High Ankle Sprain - Out 6 Weeks

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Crap. High ankle sprains are very serious injuries. I hope it's not as bad as predicted. I like this kid a lot.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Has there been any update on his injury? I don't remember hearing anything during last night's broadcast but I was on the computer with the game on TV behind me so I wasn't entirely focused on what was being said.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He needs to take his time and recover properly. He showed how useful he can be, and needs to heal right so it doesn't have an on going issue. I understand he's probably excited to get back, but we aren't winning a cup this year, and he will be a great part of our teams future on the 2nd/3rd/4th line.

I could see in the future

Leivo-Nylander-Kozun being a awesome two way line for us.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
poor thing :(
made the team and everything and 5 games in, out for 6 weeks (sigh)

It certainly is a step back for him and in fact if he is replaced by another player it may mean the end of his time with the Leafs, especially since his speed has kept him in our line-up and the rehabing to get back to that level is pretty hard at this time of the year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We should call up Leivo or Carrick, but knowing Carlyle,... come on down, Colton Orr :help:

We don't necessarily need another player. We already have Ashton riding the pine. We don't need to call up another guy to just be a healthy scratch every night. There is no rush to call anybody up.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Damn, I really feel bad for the kid after the work he put in to make the team. Hopefully he'll make it back into the lineup even if he has to do a short conditioning stint with the Marlies.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
Ashton probably comes in for him. He got ragdolled into the boards. Tough when you play in the NHL at that size. Has heart tho, which can't be said for any other leaf

Although most of the team is comprised of souless players, you can't say people like Komarov and Kadri(To a lesser extent Clarkson) don't revel and love the logo on their jersey. Those guys play with passion, whereas Kozun is simply trying to establish himself with good play and hardwork to get a payday down the road. Don't get me wrong, he's a workhorse, just in a different sense with different motives than the more established guys.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Although most of the team is comprised of souless players, you can't say people like Komarov and Kadri(To a lesser extent Clarkson) don't revel and love the logo on their jersey. Those guys play with passion, whereas Kozun is simply trying to establish himself with good play and hardwork to get a payday down the road. Don't get me wrong, he's a workhorse, just in a different sense with different motives than the more established guys.

So he competes only because he's looking for a contract? That is a pretty messed up thing to say IMO.. Last I checked Kadri was in the last year of his deal, and yet he plays with more pride? Your post is really misguided.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
I heard 6-8 weeks on 1050 this morning. Don't know if that's official but that is the length of time these things tend to take.

Kessley Snipes*

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Bad deal all around , I thought he was great when he was playing with Kadri and Lupus and was really hoping Randy would slot him in there more often , gave the other 2 more jump and grit . More is always better eh !

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Really feel for the guy.

All that work in camp and he's out.

He was a positive player for us on the ice. Hopefully Leivo can come up and fill that void.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad