Brandon Bollig

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Depends on how our fourth line does tonight. They were electric last night, and if they keep that up there's no chance he'll be in the lineup vs. the Blues.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Wow, I didn't think that Bollig would have won the majority of his fights against Reaves. Nice to see.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Bollig always had a little extra jump against st Louis when he was with the Hawks with that being his hometown and the intensity those games have. Whatever lineup you have, please win. :)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bollig always had a little extra jump against st Louis when he was with the Hawks with that being his hometown and the intensity those games have. Whatever lineup you have, please win. :)

Two points against the Blues would be unreal, especially with games against Edmonton and Arizona immediately after!

Glad we also have the chance to help Chicago after they did us big favours by beating the Jets and Kings! :handclap:

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
I wonder if Hartley gives Bollig the same treatment as others? Any time Byron goes to him and says "I wanna play" he puts him in the lineup and plays him every chance he gets.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
This isn't "Miracle", buddy.

I appreciate the "buddy" comment, but I thought that was fairly common knowledge. Seems to come from post game interviews and such. I've heard it at least twice this year in terms of Byron. If I remember correctly, both of those games Byron played ok in, but got every opportunity under the sun. (especially overtime 4 on 4)

Simply wondered if other players got the same opportunities based upon personal meetings with the coaching staff.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
Seriously, don't take it personal. You're among friends here, unless you cheer for the Oilers, Canucks, Kings or Jets.

Oh I know. I don't know anyone in this world who likes being called "buddy" though. I also assume that those who call people buddy get punched a lot.

But yeah. I still have the same question. I wonder if Bollig will get the same treatment. Do you think there has been times where he has asked/almost insisted on being in the lineup?
When he was traded to the Flames he was excited because he figured he would get more minutes and more opportunity... certainly hasn't been the case.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oh I know. I don't know anyone in this world who likes being called "buddy" though. I also assume that those who call people buddy get punched a lot.

But yeah. I still have the same question. I wonder if Bollig will get the same treatment. Do you think there has been times where he has asked/almost insisted on being in the lineup?
When he was traded to the Flames he was excited because he figured he would get more minutes and more opportunity... certainly hasn't been the case.

Again, though, you're making a lot of assumptions in this post and hoping everyone else will happily go along with them. You say "the same treatment" (to Paul Byron) involves demanding to play more and the coach rewarding that, but there has never been any indication that that sort of thing has gone on. Paul Byron has been leaned on by Hartley even in light of poor statistical output at times because even when he hasn't been scoring, he's been creating grade-A scoring chances at a consistent clip and his lack of finish has been, dare I say, unsustainable.

Unless you can post some evidence of some form or another, there is no reason to assume Byron has been getting his ice time from anything other than his play and Hartley's impression of his play.

As for Brandon Bollig, he was brought here as our pro scouts and management believed that given the opportunity, he could contribute as more than just fourth-line muscle, and could carve out a niche as a physical winger who contributes offensively. He was given the opportunity to prove that both in camp and at times in the regular season, and he hasn't really shown any glimpse that that might be the case. Is there a reason to be mad about Bollig not playing more? Not really from a fan perspective, unless the only point is to take some indirect shot at Byron. We've all been watching the same hockey that Hartley has all season, and Brandon has not met management's expectations, unfortunately.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
Again, though, you're making a lot of assumptions in this post and hoping everyone else will happily go along with them. You say "the same treatment" (to Paul Byron) involves demanding to play more and the coach rewarding that, but there has never been any indication that that sort of thing has gone on. Paul Byron has been leaned on by Hartley even in light of poor statistical output at times because even when he hasn't been scoring, he's been creating grade-A scoring chances at a consistent clip and his lack of finish has been, dare I say, unsustainable.

Unless you can post some evidence of some form or another, there is no reason to assume Byron has been getting his ice time from anything other than his play and Hartley's impression of his play.

As for Brandon Bollig, he was brought here as our pro scouts and management believed that given the opportunity, he could contribute as more than just fourth-line muscle, and could carve out a niche as a physical winger who contributes offensively. He was given the opportunity to prove that both in camp and at times in the regular season, and he hasn't really shown any glimpse that that might be the case. Is there a reason to be mad about Bollig not playing more? Not really from a fan perspective, unless the only point is to take some indirect shot at Byron. We've all been watching the same hockey that Hartley has all season, and Brandon has not met management's expectations, unfortunately.

I'm not making "a lot of assumptions". I'm offering a question based upon information that I thought was fairly common knowledge. My apologizes. I guess it's not.

In making those statements, I have no feelings towards either player regarding if they should have or shouldn't have been given opportunities. I can't prove that Byron had asked to be put in games and then was. It's purely from recollection from post game interviews this year. I was mostly just pondering the issue regarding Bollig's future playing time. The reason I made a mental note about Byron's playing time is because it seemed like the only instance in the last two years where there had been anything said about playing time/games played in that way. They are always quiet about the reasons why unless it's injury related, or unless Hartley said he just wanted to get everyone playing.

So fine. If nobody else recalls or has any knowledge of this then I'll retract the question. Once again though, it was a question based upon zero assumptions. It was based upon something I thought everyone knew.

Not meaning to stir up trouble or having to defend myself in a legal manner.

Cheers.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm not making "a lot of assumptions". I'm offering a question based upon information that I thought was fairly common knowledge. My apologizes. I guess it's not.

In making those statements, I have no feelings towards either player regarding if they should have or shouldn't have been given opportunities. I can't prove that Byron had asked to be put in games and then was. It's purely from recollection from post game interviews this year. I was mostly just pondering the issue regarding Bollig's future playing time. The reason I made a mental note about Byron's playing time is because it seemed like the only instance in the last two years where there had been anything said about playing time/games played in that way. They are always quiet about the reasons why unless it's injury related, or unless Hartley said he just wanted to get everyone playing.

So fine. If nobody else recalls or has any knowledge of this then I'll retract the question. Once again though, it was a question based upon zero assumptions. It was based upon something I thought everyone knew.

Not meaning to stir up trouble or having to defend myself in a legal manner.

Cheers.

Fair enough. I personally have zero recollection of anything of the sort regarding Byron. Just misread your intentions in the matter.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You're being questioned because you appear to be the only person that has heard this information. I have no life and follow the Flames religiously and this is the first I have heard such things too. It's just AS's job to question the sources of material just because some people do make things up.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
You're being questioned because you appear to be the only person that has heard this information. I have no life and follow the Flames religiously and this is the first I have heard such things too. It's just AS's job to question the sources of material just because some people do make things up.

It wasn't anything that was made a big deal my any media. It was almost like mentioned in passing. I still stand by the information.. but I'll retract the question based on it. haha

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Okay, good find OKG. Yeah, definitely a different context when it's the player letting the coach know that he's fully recovered from an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad