Brandon Bochenski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It seems to me there isn't much discussion on this kid. Why is that? He's absolutely tearing up the college game. He's 6'2", and he's only 21.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Bochenski SHOULD be getting more attention. After coming in 2nd in the NCAA goal scoring race last season, he's LEADING it this season. He has improved his skating quite a bit, so he doesn't look awkward out there. In fact, he's much stronger on his skates than before, and fighting through checks much better.

I hope he gets a shot with SOME team, because he has a world-class shot already, and is a pure goal scorer. Not a bad passer, either.

Volchenkov

Feb 1, 2003
elibenporat.blogspot.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
He plays with Parise, that knocks his numbers way up.

He may end up being a decent NHL'er but I have my doubts.

He's majorly outscoring Parise this year - so if anyone's numbers are being inflated it probably was Parise's last year.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I doubt that, Parise has allways put up huge numbers everywhere he has played, WJC, under 18, and in college, Brandon was close to ppg without Parise, now he gets over 60 points.
Bochenski put up 47G and 33A in 55 games the year before joining the NCAA. (In the USHL).
Little known fact is that he would have gone much higher in the draft had he not been caught printing his own money.

JasonMacIsaac said:
Tanguay is outscoring Forsberg, we all know who the better play is, same case, Zach isn't getting all the breaks.
The question isn't if Bochenski is better than Parise, but so far this year it is clear that he's making things happen for himself.
Quit being Cynical MacIsaac

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Voodoo Daddy said:
Little known fact is that he would have gone much higher in the draft had he not been caught printing his own money.

Yikes..that will definetely put you back quite a bit!!!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Well if the ottawa fan stated Bradon is inflating Zach's numbers thats what I thought the case was about. I still think Parise is the engine of the line.

Those fans who've chimed in who have actually seen the two play live, seem to think the world of Bochenski. None of the locals seem to think he's the one living off of Parise.

On the other hand, those who simply read draft lists automatically assume it's all Parise and Bochenski is a marginal prospect because he wasn't drafted in the first two rounds.

Having never seen Bochenski play, I can only go off what I've read, but it does seem like he hasn't gotten the respect he deserves thus far. Not a big deal really. We'll see how he does next year, as most Sens fans hope he is signed and plies his trade in Bingo. In the mean time, nice to see him putting up bigger numbers than any other college kid in the country.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bochenski doesn't get enough respect, outside of the WCHA that is, as being a quality player. That said, Parise is the best spark plug on that line. He creates space for both Murray and Bochenski.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
AJ1982 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bochenski doesn't get enough respect, outside of the WCHA that is, as being a quality player. That said, Parise is the best spark plug on that line. He creates space for both Murray and Bochenski.

This sums it up rather nicely.

I have season tix to North Dakota hockey. Parise is a BIG reason Bochenski got 35 goals last year, and is leading in scoring this year. But not the ONLY reason. Bochenski had a decent freshman season (before Parise), but they play very well together, so it's only natural to keep them together.
I think Bochenski will get noticed more and more as the season progresses, and could be a good 2nd or 3rd line goal scorer for some team in a few years.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
jiggs 10 said:
This sums it up rather nicely.

I have season tix to North Dakota hockey. Parise is a BIG reason Bochenski got 35 goals last year, and is leading in scoring this year. But not the ONLY reason. Bochenski had a decent freshman season (before Parise), but they play very well together, so it's only natural to keep them together.
I think Bochenski will get noticed more and more as the season progresses, and could be a good 2nd or 3rd line goal scorer for some team in a few years.

I obviously haven't seen them, but I would expect that Parise and Murray (two small guys) benefit from Bochenski in ways that can't be calculated. Bochenski being big and reasonably strong (although no power forward) probably gives them space to maneouvre. I saw this last year with Corey Locke, Matt Foy and Scott Sheppard. Many believe Foy mooched off Locke, who is an amazingly talented player. Yet while Locke misses Foy's skills, he also misses having that big, physically intimidating player on his line, because now he can draw the bigger, more physical defenceman from opposing teams. It might not be the case, but just something that I would look for.

As for Mac's idea that Bochenski is leaching, most people don't realize how good Bochenski is, because he was drafted so late. He's outscoring Parise by quite a lot this year, although that will change, but as VD mentioned, Bochenski has always had great skills. There has never been any question about his ability to score, but rather his legal issues made him drop. He seems to have matured, and is now the top candidate for the Hobey Baker at this very early stage of the season. I don't think anybody's calling Parise a leach Mac, but none of the people who are watching the games are saying that Bochenski is leaching either, and the numbers back that up. There can be two great players on a line that complement each other (see Naslund and Bertuzzi), without one automatically being a leach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->