Brandon Bochenski

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by audfroid, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audfroid

audfroid Registered User

I was curious to see what everybody thought about the future of Brandon Bochenski with the Sens. Do you guys think that he will be part of any possible deals that the sens will make as we get closer to the trade deadline? What is his future potential?

2. Pothier

Pothier Registered User

He will either be a great scorer or a bust.

Simple as that.

3. WADEugottaBELAKthat

WADEugottaBELAKthat Flynt Flossy

Not necessarily. The potential for him to be a middle-of-the-road player is definitely possible.

4. The Mars Volchenkov

The Mars Volchenkov Registered User

He either has to play on the 1st or 2nd line or he isn't useful, because he's not a great all-around player.

5. Dr.Sens(e)

Dr.Sens(e) Registered User

Home Page:
    Players constantly re-create themselves. Both Radek Bonk and Marion Hossa were known as one-way offensive players who never entered into the defensive zone. By the time they left Ottawa, they were two of their best defensive players.

Yanic Perrault is another example of a one-way turned two-way player.

I'm not saying Bochenski will end up that way, but he is decent enough in his own end at this point that he could definitely find a role even if he isn't a top line winger. Admittedly, a scoring role seems to make the most sense given his skills right now, but one never knows.

I think he'll end up being a decent second line winger who gets you 25 goals ala Mark Parrish.

It also wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being with a team other than Ottawa, as he is prime trade bait going into the deadline. Ottawa can say they didn't lose a player on their team (pure addition because Bo isn't in their top 12 right now) while the team getting Bo can claim they got a player back who can play right away.

6. badrobot101

badrobot101 Registered User

I agree. He is total trade bait, and I expect he'll be moved for a veteran center sometime soon. Damn Ottawa and their prescient drafting. If that den of thieves can put together a winner, why can't good old honest Toronto?

Hmm, the curse of Ballard maybe....

I can't see Bochenski ever becoming a star, but he'll probably have a good career maxing out at around 25-30 goals per season.

7. Don Draper

Don Draper Registered User

Home Page:

i think he couldve scored 25-30 this season had he stayed healthy, so i would say his ceiling is definitely above that, its just a matter if the right situation presents itself for him.

8. Dr.Sens(e)

Dr.Sens(e) Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree as well. If he is playing with an elite playmaking center, he could definitely surpass 30 goals on an annual pace. He has the potential to anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.