Brand New 31 team Dynasty seeking hardcore owners

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I'm looking to start up the most hardcore h2h points league imaginable. The goal is to make as close to a real NHL experience as possible. I am looking for interested parties. It is a huge venture, and I figured now is the best time to start.

League Highlights:

- fantasy NOT Sim

- 82 game schedule utilizing a shorter scoring period (2-4 days instead of the usual 7)
- Official NHL Hockey Operations Guidelines regarding rosters:

The list of players "belonging" to an NHL team is comprised of the following, the total of which may not exceed 80:

Pro players (maximum of 50)
Signed junior players (who have played less than 11 professional games)
Unsigned draft choices
Defected players (unsigned draft choices who are playing in Europe)

- NHL Salary
- Offline/Online Dispersal Draft - Featuring Live Draft Lottery and all Pre-2018 draft eligible players.
- League Buy-ins (ever had a problem with team's that quit? Or Dynasty leagues where no one competes? Small (<= $30 buy in + $2 Fantrax Fee-- for a years worth of excitement that's cheap! $10 is returned to you at the end of the year if you're still around and fulfilled your simple team duties (Quitter Tax), remaining funds gets split between Playoff teams (Make the playoffs and get your money back!), and Cup Champion (gets the Non-playoff team buy ins which is $280.
- An Intuitive scoring system that closely matches real life value to all nhl players
- And More

If you're interested and think you're the most hardcore of fantasy hockey managers, reply here or send me a PM.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
It's not. Forums (I hate to say it, since we're on one right now) are dated. There are better solutions to keep everything together. This league uses one of those solutions.

Alright, I'm definitely interested as well. I don't like forums, I much prefer just running on like Fantrax and Discord .

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
- 82 game schedule utilizing a shorter scoring period (2-4 days instead of the usual 7)

Why that?

2 reasons, 1, I think it gives a more realistic feel to play a full 82 sched, and 2, it's going to make every team dangerous in every matchup just like in the real NHL. Even the best teams could get smoked by the worst teams because there's little room for error. Players are going to have to come out and play for you on a nightly basis. Ultimately I think it's more fun.

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
The bye weeks mess with fantasy rosters badly enough in a weekly H2H. What's going to happen in a 2-4 day period?

yrttijorma

Apr 6, 2008
Well guess it doesn't matter that much, when there are 82 games instead of that 22 or something. Like greasysnapper said, there's more random element in this kind of format, just like in NHL where best team can lose to worst team. In one week H2H format, I think that is extremely unlikely.

Though the question is if that format brings too much random element to the league. Bye weeks suck already so it's possibly a lot of schedule luck to be top of the standings? Usually the team gathering most fantasy points are in the top of the league, but not all the time. In this format, that could possibly be even worse.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
The bye weeks mess with fantasy rosters badly enough in a weekly H2H. What's going to happen in a 2-4 day period?

The same could be said about teams that go on hot streaks, or teams that are playing prolonged away games. There are a lot of factors that come into play. What this system and ultimately what this league is all about is providing people with alternative ways to win. There isn't just one way to win-- managers are going to be rewarded for thinking and building creatively. I don't know about you, but I hate dynasty leagues where a handful of teams have all the NHL stars, and it's near impossible to win in the next 3-5 years. This setup is going to give everyone a chance. That being said the good teams will rise to the top, but it's going to be harder to consistently dominate on a nightly basis, just like in the real NHL.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I’m currently in a 30 team dynasty and we have 28 active players and 10 Farm spots + 2 IR. There is literally no one ever half-decent on waivers. Not sure how you’re going to have 50/80 players per team.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I’m currently in a 30 team dynasty and we have 28 active players and 10 Farm spots + 2 IR. There is literally no one ever half-decent on waivers. Not sure how you’re going to have 50/80 players per team.

Sorry, not looking for Amateurs for this league. I'm looking for hardcore, knowledgable, experts.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Lol. I just won my 30 team dynasty pal, all I’m saying is you’re asking for a lot of issues if you have 50-80 man rosters x 31 teams. That’s 2500 NHL affiliated players.

Was just wanting to give you some advice since I’m in a League very similar to what you’re describing.

Best of luck.

Going to have
Sorry, not looking for Amateurs for this league. I'm looking for hardcore, knowledgable, experts.

Reactions: RonTextall

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I finally had time to start setting things up. I will contact those that mentioned interest, but I will also have an open discord invite:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

If you're interested please join the discord and PM "Commissioner". I can answer questions, assign your fantrax team, and I'd be happy for initial feedback and ideas while I finalize things.

Chucklin4

May 30, 2018
Well guess it doesn't matter that much, when there are 82 games instead of that 22 or something. Like greasysnapper said, there's more random element in this kind of format, just like in NHL where best team can lose to worst team. In one week H2H format, I think that is extremely unlikely.

Though the question is if that format brings too much random element to the league. Bye weeks suck already so it's possibly a lot of schedule luck to be top of the standings? Usually the team gathering most fantasy points are in the top of the league, but not all the time. In this format, that could possibly be even worse.

Shouldn't scoring the most points be the thing that puts you at the top. Isn't the point of fantasy to score more points than everyone else?

Chucklin4

May 30, 2018
As much as a having a league that completely mirrors the NHL sounds like a good idea, its not really possible in fantasy. You have to be make modifications to certain rules to make it work. Roster size is a big one. With the size of your league. guys would have to be watching Bantam AAA to try to find guys.

Take a look at the constitution I posted for my 20 team league. It tries to mirror the league as much as it can but I think its set up in a way that actually takes the better parts of fantasy and actually make them an aspect of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad