Recalled/Assigned: Brady Skjei

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Brady is going to be playing the right side for this team is what I'm thinking. He did last night in fact when McDonagh comes back Mcilrath is going to be the one to sit and even though AV likes lefty he'll keep this kid in the lineup

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I just hope Skjei's play doesn't further convince management they can just let Yandle walk. The goal should be to add a guy like Skjei to a defense with McDonagh, McIlrath, Klein and Yandle, not just have him plug a hole from losing one of our best d-men. Playing a few seasons with a guy like Yandle can only help Skjei in the long term.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I just hope Skjei's play doesn't further convince management they can just let Yandle walk. The goal should be to add a guy like Skjei to a defense with McDonagh, McIlrath, Klein and Yandle, not just have him plug a hole from losing one of our best d-men. Playing a few seasons with a guy like Yandle can only help Skjei in the long term.

My fear, as well.

Skeij will never be a Yandle, and I hope management recognizes how important Yandle is/can be. While Skeij and Yandle can both move the puck out of the zone...what Yandle can do once in the O-zone is elite. Skeij will never be that player. This is not to say that Skeij is underwhelming. Skeij will definitely be huge for us with his transition abilities. But the creativity and offensive acumen that Yandle harbors is freakish at times.

Back to Skeij.....it really is remarkable how hard someone like Dylan has to work to gain ice-time...compared to the immediate responsibility that has been thrown on Skeij. He is getting double the ice-time of Dylan...no sheltering there. Goes to show how important skating ability can be. He can recover from mistakes and get himself back in the play. Dylan is screwed if he misses an assignment.

Skeij is going to be a favorite of AV's for a long time to come....and for good reason.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Come on people. If management lets Yandle walk it will be because of $$$$, not because they expect Skjei to put up 50 points next season.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Come on people. If management lets Yandle walk it will be because of $$$$, not because they expect Skjei to put up 50 points next season.

Of course but keeping Yandle is going to require some reshuffling of other players. Convincing yourself that Skjei can do a decent job in a similar role (even if he's not matching Yandle completely) makes it much easier to let Yandle walk.

Plus, our GM spontaneously decided to start praising Skjei when asked about a Yandle extension.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Great to see Brady Skjei on the team USA rooster - hopefully he will get the confidence to be a real impact on Rangers next years as well! :)

LGR! :nod:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Great to see Brady Skjei on the team USA rooster - hopefully he will get the confidence to be a real impact on Rangers next years as well! :)

LGR! :nod:

i know most people disagree, but skjei's performance in the post season makes it easier for the rangers to let yandle walks if he asks for more then 6 million a season, especially if he performs well at worlds

even if the rangers want to keep yandle it is going to take a move to get rid of staal or girardi's contract....we can not expect to pay marc 5.7, dan 5.5, mcd 4.7 and klein 2.9....with yandle at 6 that is a total of: 24.8 million towards a cap of 74 mil

those 5 guys alone take up 34 % of your total cap for next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->