Recalled/Assigned: Brady Skjei

BarbaraAlphanse

Wonder if Skjei can play well enough that when McD returns in the second round one of G/Boyle can be scratched.

One can hope... Amirite?

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
He can definitely play at this level. Id really like to see him and mcilrath in though. I know it will only be one. Doubt they brought skjei up to sit in the press box. He will play tonighy

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wonder if Brady plays over McIlrath bc AV prefers LHD play left side and RHD play right side.

Maybe he'll sit Boyle and we'll get a Skjei-McIlrath pair?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I wonder if Brady plays over McIlrath bc AV prefers LHD play left side and RHD play right side.

I would think this is the reason.

They already did a RD-rotation-to-LD once this season, right? Not sure if AV liked doing that, and probably wouldn't like doing that so close to the playoffs.

He'll want to keep his D as intact as possible, and doing something like McIlrath on the left side probably isn't on his mind. AV will likely want Wrath to go on if one of Klein/Girardi/Boyle go down.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I would think this is the reason.

They already did a RD-rotation-to-LD once this season, right? Not sure if AV liked doing that, and probably wouldn't like doing that so close to the playoffs.

He'll want to keep his D as intact as possible, and doing something like McIlrath on the left side probably isn't on his mind. AV will likely want Wrath to go on if one of Klein/Girardi/Boyle go down.

D-mac to Vigno:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brady is ready. The Rangers have had him play some right side too. He has looked "solid" on the right side. It gives them flexibility in the future. Other D can play the right side. Brodin. Hjalmarsson. Brodie.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

I'm totally on board with this pairing. I seriously doubt AV is on board though. Boyle scored a goal last night. It makes no difference he was a ****ing mess out there and out of position for the rest of the game, because he scored a goal. He's never being sat and I wouldn't be surprised if AV tries to get him resigned for another season.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Wonder if Skjei can play well enough that when McD returns in the second round one of G/Boyle can be scratched.

One can hope... Amirite?

"Well, that'll stop global warming"
- BarbaraAlphanse during nuclear winter.

Seriously, love the optimism.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Got considerably better every call up.

If there were any justice he'd replace Marc Staal's corpse next year.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
clearly this isn't the way I wanted it to happen, but I'm so happy Skjei is up...maybe, JUST MAYBE, he can play well enough to force Boyle to the bench come playoff time.

I know AV is married to his L/R pairings, but Skjei has played both sides all season in HFD. It's clear at this point that AV doesn't trust McI enough to play him, but he has shown trust in Skjei in the few games he's been up here.

But I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. We'll continue to see Girardi and Boyle get dominated in one-on-one battles and it will end our season.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
clearly this isn't the way I wanted it to happen, but I'm so happy Skjei is up...maybe, JUST MAYBE, he can play well enough to force Boyle to the bench come playoff time.

I know AV is married to his L/R pairings, but Skjei has played both sides all season in HFD. It's clear at this point that AV doesn't trust McI enough to play him, but he has shown trust in Skjei in the few games he's been up here.

But I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. We'll continue to see Girardi and Boyle get dominated in one-on-one battles and it will end our season.

my favorite part is that AV wanted to waive McIlrath for... Diaz...

What a ****ing clown

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I don't know what Hartford's depth was really like but Skjei playing the right side down there on a regular basis makes me wonder if the Rangers are trying to groom him for that side of the ice at the NHL level. It would certainly give the Rangers much better balance if they are also high on Graves.

e: He's not a replacement for McDonagh but I suspect he'll play quite well while he's in the lineup. Guy is just about ready and I wouldn't even be surprised if he's playing in the playoffs

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I don't know what Hartford's depth was really like but Skjei playing the right side down there on a regular basis makes me wonder if the Rangers are trying to groom him for that side of the ice at the NHL level. It would certainly give the Rangers much better balance if they are also high on Graves.

e: He's not a replacement for McDonagh but I suspect he'll play quite well while he's in the lineup. Guy is just about ready and I wouldn't even be surprised if he's playing in the playoffs

I'd hope that they've been playing him on the R side to see if he could help there this season. But even if Skjei comes up and plays lights out in these next 3 games, he won't play in the playoffs over the guys we have now. The coaches decisions thus far this season prove that.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I don't know what Hartford's depth was really like but Skjei playing the right side down there on a regular basis

right side has been a challenge for HWP all season

Zamorsky washed out,
and Diaz, Andersson and Hughes all missed strings of games with injuries

and obviously Gorton, Schoeney weren't prepared to recall Donnay or Noreau

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
right side has been a challenge for HWP all season

Zamorsky washed out,
and Diaz, Andersson and Hughes all missed strings of games with injuries

and obviously Gorton, Schoeney weren't prepared to recall Donnay or Noreau

have you seen many HFD games this season? If so how has Skjei looked on the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->