• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hutton is excellent defensively.

Couldn't score if the net was empty, and keep in mind, that I say that comparing him to Brady "secondary assist" Skeji. Pretty ugly.

Still, I think it's closer than the results indicate. Went with Skjei by a little bit.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hutton is excellent defensively.

Couldn't score if the net was empty, and keep in mind, that I say that comparing him to Brady "secondary assist" Skeji. Pretty ugly.

Still, I think it's closer than the results indicate. Went with Skjei by a little bit.
Listen I like you as a poster and like Hutton but you keep making the same mistakes. You keep trying to peddle this narrative where if a player has good analytics he’s a good defensively player, which is pretty flawed.

Hutton in an excellent transition defender and in effect his CF% is very good relative to team. But he absolutely is not excellent defensively, he’s butter soft and gets beaten to the outside more than any defender i’ve seen.

Hutton is definitely a player that Vancouver should be giving a better look this year and I would take him over Pouliot easily but he’s not by any stretch excellent defensively.

I mean I f***ing love analytics but deployment is so important that without context they’re pretty much useless to me.

There’s just been too many Patrick Wiercioch, Adam Clendenning type guys for me to not start questioning these type of assessments. I’ve definitely been guilty of using analytics too much in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad