Value of: Braden Holtby to Buffalo

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Lol never thought I’d hear or see “Holtby to buffalo” in the same sentence.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Mittelstadt for Holtby, Orpik and Trotz (culture trifecta).

You get Dahlin and Trotz makes you a defense and goaltending oriented club and Orpik whips your young defensemen into shape and you make the playoffs with a ~2 GAA guaranteed.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Grubauer should be cheaper after this playoff experience unless he is still played and turns it around. Thus Id rather trade for him. I like them both and both would be an upgrade on anything Buffalo has with Ullmark being a big wildcard in the whole picture.

Id probably offer the SJC Evander Kane conditional pick for either. Holtby is under a hefty contract for only 2 years so his value cant be that high. Grubauer I am a fan of but these playoffs he has not shown up so it would help in getting him for smaller return IMO.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
A young rebuilding team like Buffalo isn't gonna trade away Casey M a top prospect.
And a competing team like the Capitals aren't going to trade their solid young Goalies for the sake of getting worse, either the deal improves the Caps or they don't make that deal, it's pretty simple actually.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Mittelstadt for Holtby, Orpik and Trotz (culture trifecta).

You get Dahlin and Trotz makes you a defense and goaltending oriented club and Orpik whips your young defensemen into shape and you make the playoffs with a ~2 GAA guaranteed.

The Caps aren’t undoing the Forsberg for old broken wheel trade.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
And a competing team like the Capitals aren't going to trade their solid young Goalies for the sake of getting worse, either the deal improves the Caps or they don't make that deal, it's pretty simple actually.

It is simple, hence why there is a topic trying to find out if there is a win-win. Doesn’t mean Washington is getting the top three prospect in the league.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
It is simple, hence why there is a topic trying to find out if there is a win-win. Doesn’t mean Washington is getting the top three prospect in the league.

Of course. I have yet to see any Sabres fans make an offer in a topic they created.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->