May 24, 2012
i don't mind if we sign him and trade Stempniak for pick

60% on face offs something we really need

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
i don't mind if we sign him and trade Stempniak for pick

60% on face offs something we really need

60% of 33 faceoffs is too small a statistical pool to really draw conclusions from. To show you how volatile that stat pool is, consider that the two years before, he was 25% in Faceoff % (2 for 8 both times).

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Any chance he is getting an opportunity to play for the sole reason he knows about the Sharks and their system? Food for thought I guess.

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Don't really see the need for another 4th liner especially a winger.

I think he might be here to give Jackman a bit of a push to be better or be replaced by a comparable player. The same way the rumours for trading for Ryan Smyth may have been intended to give Tanguay a push to re-sign quick.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think he might be here to give Jackman a bit of a push to be better or be replaced by a comparable player. The same way the rumours for trading for Ryan Smyth may have been intended to give Tanguay a push to re-sign quick.

I didn't think Jackman was that bad last season and if this season comes down to Jackman stepping up his game we are screwed.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I didn't think Jackman was that bad last season and if this season comes down to Jackman stepping up his game we are screwed.

Yeah but Jackman could be better. Remember when he was nicknamed Crosby and he was on the 1st power play?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah but Jackman could be better. Remember when he was nicknamed Crosby and he was on the 1st power play?

:laugh: I don't think it is fair to compare him to his career he he scored almost half of his nhl goals and points that year in 23% of his games. I agree he could be better but I don't think bringing in more players will do that he like the rest of the team struggled last year. Jackman's job is safe as far as I am concerned since he is the only guy on the team that can/will fight outside of Iginla.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
:laugh: I don't think it is fair to compare him to his career he he scored almost half of his nhl goals and points that year in 23% of his games. I agree he could be better but I don't think bringing in more players will do that he like the rest of the team struggled last year. Jackman's job is safe as far as I am concerned since he is the only guy on the team that can/will fight outside of Iginla.

He's not droppin' em as much either. But who fights anymore?

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Jackman was the only one who showed up in alot of games last year.

I always got a laugh when our whole team slacked and Jackman was rifling off wristers from the top of the circle 4-5 times a game.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Jackman was absolutely AWFUL last season. I honestly can't see how you could defend his play.

As ridiculous as it sounds you could make the argument that our fourth line was a major reason for this teams struggles (Not the only reason, but a significant one nonetheless). 1 goal in 75 games and a -21 against fourth line competition is putrid.

Working your butt off only gets you so far these days.. He needs to be better.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He had 14 fights last year our entire team only had 35 in total. 2nd highest was Tko at 5. It was the most Tim Jackman has ever fought in the nhl in a season.

Wow it seemed less than that. That probably includes a scrum gone a little aggressive. Or maybe he's not as noticeable in general, but either way, it can't hurt him knowing his job can be given away to someone else if he doesn't help win games.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I thought that was just fan speculation?

I believe that was the case but I think there was slight speculation he had interest in him from top teams looking for toughness. But of course feaster thought the flames were a playoff team so we were not sellers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad