Brad Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I would like to start out by saying that I am no way a Bruins fan, only a canadian who wants his olympic team to win gold. There have been concern around Canada`s defense about injuries with McCabe and Jovo missing significant time with injury and Niedermeyer having to decide wether to have surgery. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about Stuart playing for Canada. He has been playing excellent (from what I hear as well as a few games I have seen in person) and I would absolutely love to see him on Canada`s blueline come february. Your thoughts?

jpsharkfan

Jun 10, 2004
Chelios said:
I would like to start out by saying that I am no way a Bruins fan, only a canadian who wants his olympic team to win gold. There have been concern around Canada`s defense about injuries with McCabe and Jovo missing significant time with injury and Niedermeyer having to decide wether to have surgery. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about Stuart playing for Canada. He has been playing excellent (from what I hear as well as a few games I have seen in person) and I would absolutely love to see him on Canada`s blueline come february. Your thoughts?

As a Sharks fan who has watched Stuart, Hannan, and McLaren (all three on the list) for years I would list Stuart third of those three.. Hannan first, then McLaren and far behind Stuart. Stuart has not been the same since he took a very dirty hit from Jody Shelley and missed months with post concussions syndrome. Stuart's hype is still a lot bigger than his play.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
jpsharkfan said:
As a Sharks fan who has watched Stuart, Hannan, and McLaren (all three on the list) for years I would list Stuart third of those three.. Hannan first, then McLaren and far behind Stuart. Stuart has not been the same since he took a very dirty hit from Jody Shelley and missed months with post concussions syndrome. Stuart's hype is still a lot bigger than his play.

Well thats your opinion, but ask any Bruins fan and they will tell you how well stuart has been playing. I have seen quite a bit of the sharks as well and I would take Stuart in a heartbeat over the other two.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Chelios said:
Well thats your opinion, but ask any Bruins fan and they will tell you how well stuart has been playing. I have seen quite a bit of the sharks as well and I would take Stuart in a heartbeat over the other two.

Sharks fan who would easily take Stuey over the other two.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I think there are alot of Sharks fans who are down on Stuart simply because he did not develop the way they had hoped in San Jose and they are just mad. As far as all around game McLaren and Hannan can`t even touch him.

Pure Rock Fury*

jpsharkfan said:
Stuart has not been the same since he took a very dirty hit from Jody Shelley and missed months with post concussions syndrome.
That was no hit. He was punched in the back of the head several times.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
jpsharkfan said:

Stuart has been an absolute stud since his arrival in Boston. He is far, far superior to a guy like McLaren and I would take him over Hannan as well.

Vic Rattlehead*

I don't see why some Sharks fans were down on Stuart. Maybe his confidence improved, because he has been simply amazing in Boston since his arrival to beantown.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
19bruins19 said:
I don't see why some Sharks fans were down on Stuart.

Some are keen on making scapegoats...especially defensemen. First there was Ozo who begat Rathje who begat Stuart who begat current scapegoat Ehrhoff.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Stuart's played well for Boston, but he is down the depth chart, and for good reason. Assuming McCabe moves up to the main roster, my preferred choice for the Taxi Squad would be Dan Boyle. Yes, he has struggled since being left off Team Canada, but he's a quick, smart, steady playmaking defenceman who can quarterback a power play. He has a Cup ring and was Canada's No. 2 defenceman at last year's Worlds. Hannan would be next. He dominated St. Louis and Colorado in 2004 with his defensive acumen and physical play. Played well in the World Cup. After that, I'd say Phaneuf, who is playing fantastic as a 20-year-old defenceman. Stuart, Phillips and Bouwmeester are below them.

But Phaneuf will be selected to the Taxi Squad. I think we all know that.

MrNickles

Aug 2, 2005
Stuart has been good with the sharks. I wouldnt take mclaren over him but I would take hannan. Stuart is better with the puck and I would rather have him in the powerplay than hannan, but hannan can shut guys down.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Stuart, as a 2 way defenseman, is currently playing far better than all of Boyle, McLaren and especially Bowmeester.

I'd say it's between Stuart and Phaneuf. But I'm a Bruins fan and would prefer he rested. So good luck to Dion on the taxi squad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->