Brad Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I've watched him grow in Owen Sound since he was drafted by them.
They were smart to through him into all situations right from the start. His offensive talent was never a question, but putting him on the penalty kill has taught him some defense. he has rebounded beyond expectations from his shoulder surgery which pretty much wiped out his season last year and became a real leader in Owen Sound.
Hard to say who I'd compare him with, he's not overly physical...I'd like to say he looks like Brad Boyes when he played in the OHL, but with a little more defense...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
GagneOwnsYou said:
I thik he is definetly NHL calibre. Good skater, great scorer and plays a lot ibgger than he is.

Definitely.

And he continues to improve, on top of it.

He's really a total package. I'm not sure if I like the Brad Boyes comparison above though. Brad was more of a quiet producer, who went about his business, put up points and just did his thing. Brad is a more dynamic player IMO. He has Brad's two way ability, but a better scoring touch (however not as good of a playmaker, nor does he have the hockey sense of Boyes IMO). I'm not really sure who you could liken him too, at least off the top of my head.

Either way, he's turning himself into a serious NHL prospect and continues to make that 2003 OHL draft crop look like gold.

raidered

Feb 4, 2004
Richardson is another in a long list of players who came into the Brampton Battalion home rink (The Bunker) on a hot streak and left pointless and winless having been shut down by Oulahen their captain who goes head to head with all these big limelight players and shuts them down, outscores them, and seezes the "W" and the 2 points for his team. Last Friday night it was Brampton 6-3 over Richardson's Owen Sound Attack. Richardson had 0 points while Oulahen had 1g 2a. Other recent victims since the World Juniors have been Carter, O'Sullivan (twice), Stewart, Platt, Tardiff and so on and so on. I think Detroit will be quite happy with this pick when he arrives at the next level. Rightly so a recent CHL publication ranked him as the best 2 way forward in the Eastern Conference. Richardson is quite impressive though.

Burnaby_Joe*

raidered said:
I think Detroit will be quite happy with this pick when he arrives at the next level.

Isn't he drafted by the Avs? :dunno:

raidered

Feb 4, 2004
Richardson and Oulahen were drafted I think back to back in the 5th round of the 2003 draft. Richardson went to the Av's and then the Red Wings chose Oulahen. Based on recent play they both could have been taken much higher in that strong draft year and probably would have been 2nd rounders in many other years. They are overshadowed somewhat by the P.R. spin that younger players on their team receive in Bobby Ryan and Voytek Wolski. Oulahen is the glue, the great quiet leader that puts winning ahead of points, publicity, individual accolades, etc. Wolski is flashier and a higher draft pick, but tends to disappear on the road and against tough opponents if you know what I mean. I don't know if his overall game will translate into success at the next level, but we'll see I guess. Meanwhile, Oulahen and Richardson are the real deal and the whole package. Right now Oulahen is a bit bigger and stronger and just dominates faceoffs against anyone in the league.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
did you guys know that THN ranks richardson behind cody mccormick in their recent future watch issue. what a joke. he and wolski should be 1 and 2 for colorado.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
gotta love it.. avs all of a sudden have another solid prospect in their stable...

yay pierre, boo naysayers

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
jericholic19 said:
did you guys know that THN ranks richardson behind cody mccormick in their recent future watch issue. what a joke. he and wolski should be 1 and 2 for colorado.
I like Cody, but he doesn't have the high end potential of BR.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Oulahen is probably the elite defensive forward in the O and a great leader. Richardson has silky hands around the net, good vision and a well rounded offensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad