Brad Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
As I listen to the Owen Sound team play tonight I hear Colorado Avalanche draft pick Brad Richardson has 2 goals and 4 points in his first two periods of play. He now leads his team in goals, points and points per game yet I rarely hear anything about him. He's also fourth in the league in even strength and powerplay goals, as well as points. Ritchie's scored three overtime game winners this season alone and also played for team OHL in the Canada/Russia series. He is a game-breaker.

As a fifth round draft pick of the Avalanche, it seems as though he's a bit of a steal, but seemingly unknown. This could be a result of a season ending injury early last season.

All that being said, what do you guys think of Brad, in terms of both skill and NHL potential?

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I've always thought Richardson was very underrated.
He's a guy who does it all for Owen Sound, offense, defense, powerplay and penalty kill...reminds me of Kirk Maltby when he played in Owen Sound, without the same edge and a little more hockey smarts...he has gotten lost among prospects because of his shoulder injury last season...he's rebounded well.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
I remember the day Colorado drafted him. The scouts were all standing at the draft table high-fiving each other. For a 5th round pick it seemed pretty unusual.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
In terms of his NHL potential, I don't think he has the flat out offensive skills of say, a Stefan Ruzicka to be a scorer in the NHL. But he plays his heart out and I could see him on a third line potting 15-20 goals.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
OneSpeedOnly said:
In terms of his NHL potential, I don't think he has the flat out offensive skills of say, a Stefan Ruzicka to be a scorer in the NHL. But he plays his heart out and I could see him on a third line potting 15-20 goals.

I wouldn't mind 20 goals a year from Rosie with the Flyers, how many do you see him scoring a year?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
OneSpeedOnly said:

I never really understood why he fell so much, and I still don't to this day. Sure he's 5'11, but is that really small? IMO no. And he may not be the best skater, but he's certainly not the worst either.

On top of that, he's good at both ends of the ice, he works hard, he's a leader by example and his offensive game continues to improve.

While I agree that I don't really see him as a scoring line player in the NHL, I think he's got a great shot at becoming an excellent third line player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad