Speculation: Brad Richards Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
I'm not sure if he's planning on retiring. His possession numbers look good after a quick look at his HERO chart. He also had an abnormally low shooting% the last 2 years. His foot speed is often talked about but he's still generating a similar amount of shots per game. I think he could still be a player in the league, maybe he's better suited on the wing? He's only 36.

Anyone think he gets a chance?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I'd take him on the Oilers as a #3C I'd even offer a 2 year deal, which is where I personally think there has been a holdup. He's good at faceoffs too, is he not?

Luc - Mcdavid - Ebs
Maroon - RNH - Drai
Pouilot - Richards - Yak

Pulju in the AHL or trade Yak

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'd take him on the Oilers as a #3C I'd even offer a 2 year deal, which is where I personally think there has been a holdup. He's good at faceoffs too, is he not?

Luc - Mcdavid - Ebs
Maroon - RNH - Drai
Pouilot - Richards - Yak

Pulju in the AHL or trade Yak

I'm down

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
I could see him coming back to the hawks on a really low aav deal. He has the money (thanks NYR) and there was an interview or two where his wife was in love with the city. We have a 3c/4c opening and id like to see him there

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Panik-Anisimov-Kane
Dejardins-Kruger-TooToo
Lundberg-Richards-Schmaltz

Rasmussen/hartman/motte

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's a shame he left Dallas on such bad terms.....rejecting a deadline trade so as not to "weaken" his future team, and then go on to sign with them later. Weak move, even if he had every right to do it. :laugh:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Brad Richards had a good career and was a memorial cup champion, and a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion with the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Chicago Blackhawks.
He could have continued his career but chose instead to hang up the skates.
Best of luck to Brad in retirement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad