Brad Marchand dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Man the Toronto derangement is unreal. Claiming it was the wrong leg when the video clearly shows if you actually pay attention it was his left leg that got slashed. Did he embellish a little, who knows maybe, but getting slashed in the back of the knee where there's no padding sure isn't gonna feel good. If anything y'all should be mad at rock for brains Bertuzzi, because that was CLEARLY a slash and worthy of a penalty.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Grabs the knee of the wrong leg when he’s given a love tap on the back of the other leg and then cried to the refs to want a 5 on 3.

Marchand is evolving like a Pokémon. He’s not just a rat now. He’s a diving rat.
rattata turned into raticate

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Stole? Explain.
stole

2 of 2
noun
ˈstōl
: a long loose garment : ROBE
: an ecclesiastical vestment consisting of a long usually silk band worn traditionally around the neck by bishops and priests and over the left shoulder by deacons
: a long wide scarf or similar covering worn by women usually across the shoulders

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
I loved Boston in my first years watching NHL. I still liked the franchise and how polarizing they were for years to come. They have an incredible winning culture.

When they named Marchand Captain. They lost their stand with me. He's a great player with nasty skills. But he's wether a role modle nor a sportsmanlike player. I'd even say, his behavior hurts hockey culture and is shameful.

So. No surprise on my site at all. Just more dissapointment :')

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
They're just so dumb about it - down in the series and up 3-2 late in the game - he decides to track a guy down to slash his leg 30 seconds after the whistle while he's skating away? I mean what good does he think will come it?

Toronto would put themselves in such better position to take the series if they focused on the play between the whistles rather than taking penalty after penalty trying to bait Marchand.

But who knows, maybe he'll take the bait if Boston gets desperate and then we can all read a "how long should Marchand be suspended" thread when he dishes out a little of what he's been taking.
Ever the victim that Brad Louganis.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Tavares got up, of course he did, the play was still going at the time.

Anyway, here, I'll save us all from the equivalent thread and just describe how ridiculous this whole thing is:

A thread..."Tavares went down so easy and he even fell in the wrong direction."

Followed by 100+ posts ragging on Tavares for falling down in the wrong direction

Leaf fans start piping up to show that Tavares did not actually fall in the wrong direction, and they are correct in their assessment.

"But he still fell"

That's it, that's the thread.
So we all agree one guy rolled around and sold an event, and the other just got up and never said anything to anyone?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You do realize one guy just got knocked down and got straight up, no more no less while the other rolled around soccer / LeBron James style?

You do also realize the above sounds exactly like whining?

No deflecting. Tavares flopped as a fish would and drew the game typing PP. Excusing Tavares reeks of homerism.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
No deflecting. Tavares flopped as a fish would and drew the game typing PP. Excusing Tavares reeks of homerism.
Typing? Seems like a Brad Louganis thing.

No way - if Toronto keeps focusing on hacking at him rather than playing between the whistles it gives Boston a better chance in the series.
Sure? Has nothing to do with portraying Louganis as a victim who metes out justice because he is just a victim. He gets what he gives.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Man the Toronto derangement is unreal. Claiming it was the wrong leg when the video clearly shows if you actually pay attention it was his left leg that got slashed. Did he embellish a little, who knows maybe, but getting slashed in the back of the knee where there's no padding sure isn't gonna feel good. If anything y'all should be mad at rock for brains Bertuzzi, because that was CLEARLY a slash and worthy of a penalty.
Ya I'm rooting for Toronto here but I don't really mind embellishment here (assuming it was). Sneaking around to wack the back of a guys knees is embarassing and juvenile, and everyone knows youre unlikely to get a call if you dont fall down. The dozen+ attempts every game to draw imaginary hooking/holding/tripping calls are much more gross than this

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Ya I'm rooting for Toronto here but I don't really mind embellishment here (assuming it was). Sneaking around to wack the back of a guys knees is embarassing and juvenile, and everyone knows youre unlikely to get a call if you dont fall down. The dozen+ attempts every game to draw imaginary hooking/holding/tripping calls are much more gross than this

One of the Leafs players two hand slashed Beecher to the ice after a whistle, uncalled. It is a major part of the "physicality" attempt since only Reaves can hit to hurt. In a way, embellishment is a fine way to counter that nonsense stick work.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Exhibit A of what listening to too much Jack Edwards does to you.

Embellishment is a penalty.

This was soccer-level embellishment, I think it is embarrassing for grown men to act like this.

I agree all is bad... but this is hilariously bad.

Reactions: nofehr and ToDavid

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
OK, for you and all the people who think he's grabbing the wrong leg......

You might want to watch it on something larger than your phone. All this "derka derka he grabs the wrong leg" makes you look like total idiots.

He gets hacked in the back of the knee/calf on his left leg. Goes down and grabs his...... wait for it.......... left leg.
Yeah it’s pretty obvious. Not sure why anyone is talking about the wrong let. It’s clearly the left leg the whole time. Dives? Absolutely

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

The irony of accusing someone of deflecting when you're desperately trying to shift the conversation to Tavares in a thread about Marchand diving like an Olympian. Give it up. No one cares about this supposed Tavares flop that exists only in your imagination.

Reactions: nofehr

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
The irony of accusing someone of deflecting when you're desperately trying to shift the conversation to Tavares in a thread about Marchand diving like an Olympian. Give it up. No one cares about this supposed Tavares flop that exists only in your imagination.
In fairness, that dude may be the most biased poster on HF.

Outsider fans have pointed out the flopping the bruins are up to. It’s not something that’s hard to see, honestly expected better out of them in that sense.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Wow, Leafers are really clinging to this one lol. You stole a 'W' just be happy and let it go lmao

Why would we let it go, we love embarassing marchand

f*** that guy

I believe the refs don't appreciate excessive diving. It works for a while and then it doesn't.

If the Bruins get buried by the officials tonight, you can thank the two bruins divers

I hope the refs teach them a lesson in Toronto

“Smarten up, losers”

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Why are there so many people trying to find ways to cast this as a dive?

First, pretending that getting slashed on those unprotected tendons on the back of your leg is going to elicit any reaction other than falling over. Then doubling down and pretending he was slashed on the other leg, which makes zero sense.

Reeks of desperation to have the moral high ground on something. But at the end of the day, what Bertuzzi did is a (albeit minor) cheap shot and Marchand did literally nothing but react naturally to it.

The gaslighting in this post is blatant and outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad