Eklund Rumor: Bozak for Carolina D

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeh but that doesn't fit their narrative so they'll claim it was everyone.
I never said everyone. Plenty of reasonable Leafs fans on the site, plenty of unreasonable ones as well. Goes with having a large fanbase that you will have more than your share of unreasonable or ignorant fans.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I never said everyone. Plenty of reasonable Leafs fans on the site, plenty of unreasonable ones as well. Goes with having a large fanbase that you will have more than your share of unreasonable or ignorant fans.
I can't argue with that.

(I should have said "the narrative" not "their narrative". Apologies)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bozak would be the center piece in going for the higher end in Pesce or Faulk, I was asking what Leafs would have to add to get him. Further, now that I re-read the rumor, who on NYR or CBJ would the Leafs be targeting? I would say Savard for CBJ and Brady Skjei from NYR, though Brady is a LHD.
If Toronto wants those pieces Bozak is not the centerpiece. I'm insulted as a Rangers fan if you think Bozak could touch Skjei.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
As for the Leafs trading Bozak. If they believed that they weren't going to resign him in the offseason, they were not going on a deep playoff run and finally believed that other players on the team could play in the top 3 centre type of role then I could see the Leafs trading him for a draft pick (or picks) or prospect to a team looking to add to their centre depth for a deep playoff run.

The thing is that I don't know if there really is much of a trade market for him right now and I think many NHL teams would be reluctant to give up high draft picks in the next 3 drafts.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I also don't see teams wanting to give up any type of decent quality young defenceman in any trade involving Bozak given how difficult it is to find and develop such players.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Bozak would be the center piece in going for the higher end in Pesce or Faulk, I was asking what Leafs would have to add to get him. Further, now that I re-read the rumor, who on NYR or CBJ would the Leafs be targeting? I would say Savard for CBJ and Brady Skjei from NYR, though Brady is a LHD.

Bozak could not be the main piece for any of the defenseman you named in this post. Your dreaming.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bozak could not be the main piece for any of the defenseman you named in this post. Your dreaming.

Yeah, I had also thought maybe might work with Cbus to get them some centre help and Foligno back on wing or NYR just needs a centre in general. Now in terms of the type of return you're going to get...that's another conversation entirely.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Bozak + Dermott and a 2018 1st for Faulk is a deal that makes some sense to me.

Have you seen Faulk? He is not an upgrade for us. This considerably weakens the organization, and is a deal for the sake of a deal. Would not be surprised if Dermott is better than Faulk within 3 years, nevermind that first can be a lottery pick with a 5 game losing streak.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
well I guess it would depend on the +. adding a 1st or highish end prospect would take it way past TVR value.

the + would need to be a bigger piece than Bozak in that case. Canes GM said he wouldnt move Hanifin or Faulkfor Duchene because he only had two years of control left. Bozak will have minimal value to the Canes in a trade for one of their top 4 D.

I also don't think Carolina is interested in future pieces anymore at this point. They're done with the rebuild, and need high-end, impact players, particularly a 1C, at this point.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
the + would need to be a bigger piece than Bozak in that case. Canes GM said he wouldnt move Hanifin or Faulkfor Duchene because he only had two years of control left. Bozak will have minimal value to the Canes in a trade for one of their top 4 D.

I also don't think Carolina is interested in future pieces anymore at this point. They're done with the rebuild, and need high-end, impact players, particularly a 1C, at this point.

oh I agree bozak doesn't have much value on his own. And likely nothing even comes close to happening.

I don't think they get a high end 1C with anything but their best dman either.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
oh I agree bozak doesn't have much value on his own. And likely nothing even comes close to happening.

I guess it depends what you consider high end. Like a Tyler Seguin or someone would cost Slavin yeah but I'm almost certain they could have had Duchene for Hanifin alone

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I guess it depends what you consider high end. Like a Tyler Seguin or someone would cost Slavin yeah but I'm almost certain they could have had Duchene for Hanifin alone

sure. TBH Duchene isn't really what I would consider a high end 1C anyway IMO.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Me neither, but I also don't think they necessarily need one as their 2-3 spots would be pretty damn solid with Rask and Staal

yeah absolutely very solid. "I was replying to a poster who said they need high end forwards especially 1C" for that player (if they wanted it) slavin goes out the door

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Right, I wasnt implying Hanifin gets you a high end 1C, just stating that that is what Carolina's need is. Trading away their top 4 for anything but a 1C would be counter productive for them, irregardless of value. Ive said it before, i like Bozak and think hes a good player, so this isnt a shot at Bozak. But his contract status makes him an 'add-in' for a top 4D, not the main piece.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Right, I wasnt implying Hanifin gets you a high end 1C, just stating that that is what Carolina's need is. Trading away their top 4 for anything but a 1C would be counter productive for them, irregardless of value. Ive said it before, i like Bozak and think hes a good player, so this isnt a shot at Bozak. But his contract status makes him an 'add-in' for a top 4D, not the main piece.

agree with your bozak assessment. I don't think we trade him because he isn't very valuable and our c depth isn't deep so we keep Bozak instead of a 2nd if that's his value.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
agree with your bozak assessment. I don't think we trade him because he isn't very valuable and our c depth isn't deep so we keep Bozak instead of a 2nd if that's his value.

I dont think a 2nd+3rd or even 2nd, would be unreasonable for Bozak, especially at the deadline if someone really needs help at the C spot. I can think of a few teams where he's a positional fit (MTl, NYR, Ana), but i dont know if those teams are willing to take the risk and sacrifice assets yet. Teams need to figure out where they are and what theyre doing this year first before a trade shakes out, is my guess.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Umm ya he could be. Bozak alone is not worth any of them I agree. You start talking about 1st round picks, and say Kapenen, Dermott I think that is close, but again, apparently no leaf is worth jack unless it is Matthews, Nylander or Marner. Good thing is a forum and not real life, look at the Duchene deal. What the heck did Colorado get? A backup goalie 3 picks (so 3 maybes) and 2 decent prospects (2 more maybes) Nashville gets Turris a top 9 center, and Ottawa top 2 center in Duchene. Those picks Colorado got will be low first round (Ottawa and Preds I think make it to round 2 or 3 of playoffs) and the 2 prospects come no where near a Dermott, Rosen, Rosen, Kapenen etc etc. Of course though as I said Leaf players are worth peanuts unless it is one of our big 3 or Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev, and that is a huge joke, and no where near the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad