Bouwmeester in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Maybe this should get moved to the AHL page, but I thought I would get a better response here. Why is J-bo listed with Chicago? Shouldn't he be skating with San Antonio? Was there a trade or are there rules I am unaware of? Some help would be much appreciated. :dunno:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
SanAn loaned him to Chicago for the playoff run to experience some winning. He was joined by Weiss too.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
I am still waiting for Bouwmeester to do something. When he was in San Antonio, friends would tell me "Wait until the games are important" or "Wait until he has some talent around him."
Well, he is on a talented Chicago team now and playoffs are pretty important. Jay has 0 points in 6 games. Even Kari Lehtonen got an assist tonight. I know there are many other aspects to Bouwmeester's game than scoring, but nonetheless I am disappointed in his production thusfar.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
dancingtree said:
I am still waiting for Bouwmeester to do something. When he was in San Antonio, friends would tell me "Wait until the games are important" or "Wait until he has some talent around him."
Well, he is on a talented Chicago team now and playoffs are pretty important. Jay has 0 points in 6 games. Even Kari Lehtonen got an assist tonight. I know there are many other aspects to Bouwmeester's game than scoring, but nonetheless I am disappointed in his production thusfar.

I've seen Boumeester play 6 games for San Antonio and 3 games for Chicago... he was way more determined with the puck and was nowhere near as intimidated. San Antonio is just a bad team.

Note: I find it interesting that Atlanta's AHL franchise took Florida's prospects to help develop them for future playoff experience. :amazed:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
dancingtree said:

Did you happen to watch the World Cup?

dancingtree said:

I haven't seen him in the playoffs, but in the regular season at least, he looked much better when I saw him with Chicago.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
Did you happen to watch the World Cup?
I did and J-Bo was incredible, especially considering his age. I really like him. I just don't understand why he can't play that way with Chicago in the playoffs. (or San Antonio or the Panthers so far).

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The interesting thing is that J-Bo hasn't played playoff hockey in a while. Apparently in Medicine Hat, his team couldn't make it, and obviously the Panthers didn't make it in his two seasons there. Hopefully playing in the playoffs with Chicago will teach him some valuable lessons, that he hasn't learned yet.

It appears that perhaps we overrated his offensive potential. He doesn't really put up the points, but maybe he wasn't meant to be that type of d-man.

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Tricolore#20 said:
The interesting thing is that J-Bo hasn't played playoff hockey in a while. Apparently in Medicine Hat, his team couldn't make it, and obviously the Panthers didn't make it in his two seasons there. Hopefully playing in the playoffs with Chicago will teach him some valuable lessons, that he hasn't learned yet.

It appears that perhaps we overrated his offensive potential. He doesn't really put up the points, but maybe he wasn't meant to be that type of d-man.
From what they've reported in Florida, Bouwie has NEVR played a playoff game in his life, until Chicago now. That's why he was shipped there, plus the cash.

BTW, Can someone tell me if Bouwie has been playin with Coburn at all? If so, what have they looked like so far? I had wanted the Panthers to get Coburn before they grabbed Horton.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
First off, jay has played outstanding when games have been on the line with talent around him before. Examples being the world cup, WJC's, and world championships. Were he earned various awards and prestige and praise in general at all of them. As for how he's been in chicago for the playoffs? 0 points in 6 games? So what? He hasn't been asserting himself offensively. When the game is on the line, he'd rather prevent the goal. So he's been playing flawless defense as oppose to rushing the puck with no end. Points aren't everything

As for coburn, he's played a 5/6 role and hasn't played with bouwmeester. Bouwmeester has played with Roche

By the way, he has been outstanding with the panthers. And he was much better than stats indicate in san antonio

blah

Jun 24, 2003
He's just not that good. People really need to lower their expectations of him.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
dancingtree said:
I did and J-Bo was incredible, especially considering his age. I really like him. I just don't understand why he can't play that way with Chicago in the playoffs.

So how does he play in Chicago?

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
So how does he play in Chicago?
I don't know for sure because I haven't actually seen him play with Chicago :blush:

My opinion stems from the fact that Chicago has 18 goals so far in the playoffs, and Jay-Bo doesn't even have a point yet.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
0 points in 9 playoff games for Jay-Bo!!!!!!!!!! :(

No, I don't have it out for Bouwmeester.
I just expect more from such a hyped player on these boards.
Plus, he is on my fantasy team. :)

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
There are few players in hockey hyped as J-Bo IMO. Maybe there is way too much expectations about his offensive potential, stats indicates he's not and offensive d-man.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If he's playing with Roche, he might be dropping back so Roche can open up his more offensive game and J-Bo would cover for him? Just a possible explanation... I know Leetch did that when Poti tried to be offensive.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Fighter said:
There are few players in hockey hyped as J-Bo IMO. Maybe there is way too much expectations about his offensive potential, stats indicates he's not and offensive d-man.
A point per game on a bad WHL team as an 18 year old. Comparisons to Coffey, Pronger leading up to his draft.

He's either an offensive defenseman or he's the next Chris Phillips.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Jacobv2 said:
A point per game on a bad WHL team as an 18 year old. Comparisons to Coffey, Pronger leading up to his draft.

He's either an offensive defenseman or he's the next Chris Phillips.

I meant the stats of the NHL/AHL, the junior stats indicates that Corey Locke is the next Gretzky.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
cxreg said:
Do people still think Bouwmeester is a mile ahead of Pitkanen?

I don't think they ever were a mile apart from each others. But I must say that apart from both being great talents, I don't find they have a lot in common.

They are mobile and skilled with nice size. There are definitly comparables. But the way they play this game is so different.

They've got all the tools and it is very much up in the air to me who will be the best of the two in a couple of years.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
I think he'll be one of those players who quietly puts up decent numbers, if that makes any sense at all...regardless of the hype or talent he has, it's like he isnt comfortable being the go to guy or doesnt want be for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad