Bourque vs Fritsche

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bourque will get more goals--whether he gets more total points may depend on who the linemates are--for instance if Fritsche plays with Nash then he should gets tons of assists--but if CBJ uses him only on a 2nd or 3rd line then he won't score points as much...Bourque is a more natural sniper and has one of the hardest shots around--he also likes to shoot and will accumulate lots of shots on goal...IF they play Bourque with Ruutu and Calder as in the latest experiments going on at the Hawks' camp in pre-season--then it is debateable if that is not the Hawks#1 line and the Daze Arnason (Lapointe/Vorobiev?) line not more of a #2 line...so if Bourque gets lots of minutes on the featured line and on PP --then he will put up far greater numbers than Fritsche playing on CBJ's 2nd or 3rd line---one other big factor: Fritsche gets injured a lot--will he last long in the rigours of the nHL?

Jaysfanatic*

I don't know too much about Bourque, when did he become a prominent prospect?

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Devilsfanatic said:
I don't know too much about Bourque, when did he become a prominent prospect?

When he won Rookie of the Year in the AHL last year.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
The real question here may been will Fritsche's shoulders allow him to play enough games to compete with Bourque? The year before he was drafted Danny was considered a possibly top 10 pick, then the shoulder injuries hit. He's had major surgery on both which was supposed to bring this problem to an end, however he's continued to have problems. He was injured in juniors last season before being traded to London. He reinjured one of his shoulders again this preseason forcing him to miss much of camp, he just recently returned.

If healthy I think Fritsche will outscore Bourque, Dan may even see time playing between Sanderson and Zherdev on the second line this season, so he should be able to put up plenty of points.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
HockeyMan9 is right.

Fritsche probably has more upside, but the reality of the matter is that injuries very likely will have a significant impact on his career. I think that Bourque would be the safer bet.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
And if I had a Million dollars.....I'd be a millionaire.. Injuries are always unfortunate but, there's obviously no telling what might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad