Bourdon

sheep

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mised the Final , i would assume Bourdon must have played poorly looking at the score , but if someone would give a scouting report on his play in the memorial cup final that would be greatly appreciated

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
sheep said:
Mised the Final , i would assume Bourdon must have played poorly looking at the score , but if someone would give a scouting report on his play in the memorial cup final that would be greatly appreciated

The guy comes back from a major injury during that year so he's definately not 100%. Though I think he looked OK defensively, he didn't have the quickness and the first step to be creative and useful offensively, but I still believe it has a lot to do with the injury.

Even though Brule had a lot of fun during this tournament, Bourdon looked way more at ease facing him than 1 year older Radulov. Especially yesterday, I believe he was totally outmuscled and outplayed on every occasion. But 1 year is 1 year, Radulov is a special player and Bourdon is not 100% so I won't be too hard on him.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Everyone must remember Bourdon doesn't have his main weapon with him... his skating... Bourdon has been playing the whole thing with a plate in his ankle. His movement has been limited.

BATJAM

Jan 14, 2005
Watching the game, Bourdon was neither good nor bad. He was flat and seemed disinterested at times. Saying that, we was not at fault for any of the goals, and was only out skated or muscled by Radulov once on that clear cut breakaway. He wasn't given any offensive freedom and rarely any powerplay time, so his lack of production should not be used to fault him. As has been stated, this was all due to injury and nothing else.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
BATJAM said:
Watching the game, Bourdon was neither good nor bad. He was flat and seemed disinterested at times. Saying that, we was not at fault for any of the goals, and was only out skated or muscled by Radulov once on that clear cut breakaway. He wasn't given any offensive freedom and rarely any powerplay time, so his lack of production should not be used to fault him. As has been stated, this was all due to injury and nothing else.

No intention of blaming him but wasn't outmuscled only once in that tournament and even in that game...More than once, and sure his injury is a big part of it too like I said previously. But Radulov is a heck of a player and there's no problem in saying that the guy could actually get beaten once in a while....

As far as being desinterested at times, well I would be worried more about this if it was the case than his lack of movement because of an injury. 'Cause this was the biggest game in his junior career, if there's anything you don't want to see is a player quitting.....Though I don't believe like you stated that it was the case....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad