Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

It’s less than ideal. Assistant coaches usually handle special teams while head coaches focus on 5on5 play. Hard to fault them for not making the change earlier, the success they have had was dependent on 5on5 play.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If Crawford is taking over 5-on-5 and preparation doesn't that mean that we will be playing his system or style instead? Also doesn't it somewhat imply that Crawford is the head coach and Boucher got demoted to working the special teams?

No, it does not imply that. It simply means that Crawford will supervise the implementation of 5-on-5 in accordance with head coach Boucher’s direction.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
EK is the best offensive defenceman in the league but if you want to bring down the cost for him, I think they will have to focus on his defensive liabilities. Of course, they will need to be very careful not to pursue that to aggressively & not piss him off too much. What is more important to EK, winning a cup, staying in Ottawa or signing a contract that will set his family up financially for the rest of their lives?

It will be a very fine line to get him to sign for under $12 mil IMO but you never know exactly what he might want or what it will take for him to stay. We also don't know what EM's final number is or how much he will be willing to pay & whether he will meet EK's demands. Let's not forget that he would not meet Alfredsson's demands & he left. Hard to know what will happen & what is the best course of action for this franchise too, maybe not re-signing him is better overall, who knows?

Alfredsson was done. His time in Detroit proved that. The Karlsson situation is different but EM’s budget could be an issue and cause a trade. I hope not but given EM’s comments, it’s 50/50 in my mind that Karlsson May be traded.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Alfredsson was done. His time in Detroit proved that. The Karlsson situation is different but EM’s budget could be an issue and cause a trade. I hope not but given EM’s comments, it’s 50/50 in my mind that Karlsson May be traded.
Alfredsson and EK are tied to one another. Melnyks terrible relationship with Alfie sealed Karlssons fate. Bottom line is we need a new owner. It's going to get worse before it gets better. We're not at rock bottom yet but were close.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Dorion's willingness to give Boucher another year (or start another year, at least) indicates he needs to save money to re-sign Karlsson. The team can't afford to pay Boucher or his assistant(s) to not coach while we hire more expensive replacements, all while paying EK a huge bonus next July. Boucher's return is a sign that Dorion expects that Karlsson is staying.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If I see us go into trap mode in the first few mins of a game next season ,GRRRRRR

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If only we were a regular team and could coerce Trotz to come up north, FA at end of year, speculation he is done in Wash but perhaps even with hockey?

Alas with our current situation I can't see anyone reputable coming here and certainly not of his calibre, begins that we wouldn't pay them even close to competitively in comparison to the entire rest of the league, then add the owner going off and often times meddling, yep no high end coaches here for the foreseeable future.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Alfredsson and EK are tied to one another. Melnyks terrible relationship with Alfie sealed Karlssons fate. Bottom line is we need a new owner. It's going to get worse before it gets better. We're not at rock bottom yet but were close.

If Karlsson is traded and the team gets draft picks and young prospects in return, then the next few seasons will mean no playoffs and we will get top draft picks. Might as well trade the expensive UFAs such as Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, etc. too in order to get more draft picks and prospects. Sell for the future. Forgetabout today.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

do you make this stuff up as you go along?

Ok. ...let's play....if they are tied together and Daniel lives in Ottawa then where will Erik choose to live if Erik has a choice?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ok. ...let's play....if they are tied together and Daniel lives in Ottawa then where will Erik choose to live if Erik has a choice?

Karlsson has already said he will continue to live in Ottawa even if his career takes him elsewhere. Having said that, he being very close friends with Alfredsson doesn't mean he has to live near the guy and would choose where he plays based on where Alfredsson's home is.

Really not sure where you're going with this...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I dont make anything up just reiterate strait from the horses mouth. If it upsets you dont comment. I understand why you're skeptical its not what anyone wants to hear myself included.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Karlsson has already said he will continue to live in Ottawa even if his career takes him elsewhere. Having said that, he being very close friends with Alfredsson doesn't mean he has to live near the guy and would choose where he plays based on where Alfredsson's home is.

Really not sure where you're going with this...

it was in response to the two of them being tied together. ... it was just a nonsense post. so if they are indeed tied together wouldn't Erik wish to stay by his master's side?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I dont make anything up just reiterate strait from the horses mouth. If it upsets you dont comment.
you're on here making stuff up all the time and posting inappropriate crap. your bipolar comment was completely ridiculous and showed your character.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
it was in response to the two of them being tied together. ... it was just a nonsense post. so if they are indeed tied together wouldn't Erik wish to stay by his master's side?

Is it all that far fetched that Alfredsson has a significant influence on Karlsson? He walked away from the organization for a reason. What do you think that reason would be exactly? He still lives in Ottawa.
you're on here making stuff up all the time and posting inappropriate crap. your bipolar comment was completely ridiculous and showed your character.

Bipolar and inappropriate crap? Yikes, sorry you dont agree with what I am saying, no need to sling insults around.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
4Q3t2s.jpg

Really?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I wouldn't say it's surprising.

The narrative that we are coach killers is very real even if not necessarily based on much since no coach we have fired has gone on to do much of anything.

You don't necessarily fire the coach after one bad year. Teams bounce back. Players bounce back. Why not coaches? Who are you going to replace him with? What about the cost?

I think it is far too easy to say "fire all the coaches".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->