Bottom Five Final Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Spooner said:
Rangers are sixth, right? Because the bottom six teams have a chance at AO, not just the bottom 5.

The winner of the lottery can only move up four spots, sorry Ranger fans.

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Whenever it's available, could somebody update this list to the top 10?

The draft order right now, before the lottery tuesday, is:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Chicago
3. Washington
4. Columbus
5. Phoenix
6. NY Rangers
7. Florida
8. Carolina
9. Anaheim
10. Atlanta

Can you imagine if Columbus wins the lottery? Ovechkin-Nash-Zherdev. :eek:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Pachoo said:

Ok but as promising as it looks on paper, the Blue Jackets have quite a few other issues to sort out in the off season before thinking about playoffs. One whatever talented line has never made a great team.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
From Pittsburgh, I am thinking Malkin, not getting hopes up for Ovechkin . . . but deep down am hoping . . . either way though I will be happy, Malkin from what I hear is not far below and may have even more upside. That was the point of finishing last, a guarentee, not of Ovechkin but Malkin. Not a bad consolation prize for a team flush with golatending and D and lacking only a superstar sniper ('cept for Mario of course). The Mario-Ovechkin/Malkin line is going to be frightening. I remember when he got a nobody 40 goals and a fortune of a contract with the redwings one year. That nobody was the hockey legend Warren Young. :lol . . . I think several of the goals mario aimed off the guy's head. Sure, Mario is not what he once was, but he is still if healthy someone who could make a superstar feeding either of these guys.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well the question is, do you ask Ovechkin or any of the top 5 for that matter to play top 2 line minutes on their respective teams? That used to be a giant no no but guys like Nash seem to be getting it together after a year or two of struggling.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Hawkalyzer said:
Daze-Ruutu-Arnason
Ovechkin Bell Calder

god that would be a sweet top 6

I like all our forwards for the future..especially with Ovechkin in it :)

Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr
Fleischmann-Aulin-Johansson
Laich-Sutherby-Gordon
Werner-Klepis-Fussey

SwOOsh*

I_r_1337 said:

Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr
Laich-Sutherby-Gordon
Werner-Klepis-Fussey

I think Klepis has top two line potential, I'm quite high on him. Johansson seems to be more of a question mark, but does have talent. Just a comment. ;)

That is a pretty nice future line-up even if you consider that most won't make it to their top potential. Add to the fact that we will have another very high pick next year if their is a season or not, and that we have 2 extra first rounders this year, and it looks quite well for the Caps future.

You also have a few younger players in Pettinger, Willsie, and Halpern on forward that should be with the team for a long time.

GoRyanMalone

I_r_1337 said:

Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr
Laich-Sutherby-Gordon
Werner-Klepis-Fussey

Even before you get excited, that's still just a couple peanuts and a kernal.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
EroCaps said:
30. Pittsburgh 23-47-8-4 58pts
29. Chicago 20-43-11-8 59pts
28. Washington 23-45-10-3 59 pts
27. Columbus 25-45-8-4 62 pts
26. Pheonix 22-36-18-6 68 pts

:nopity:

I am so friggin pissed! We have to suffer through this nightmare of a season with the one small benefit of getting a potential franchise guy and they blow it by taking the friggin Rags to OT the other night. Now the Caps are in third and unless they win the lottery (yeah right) they lose out on the two guys that would do it. My only realistic hope now is that for some reason McPhee takes Olesz (of course I know how he loves those WHL kids, and especially o-dmen so he's gonna take Barker) and he turns out to be what he was hyped to be early in the season. This really bums me out because I've had this fascination (don't know why) with Malkin all year and unless (assuming Pitt or Chi winds up with the first) the guy picking 2nd loses their mind that's out the window.Man, I can't beleive it's all because of 1 stupid game they took to OT....and they didn't even win it. :banghead:

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
How do you think we feel in chicago...

Sorry but your team tanked it on purpose, and didn't deserve a top 2 pick anyway!

We've sucked all year, mostly due to injury. we dealt 2 guys, you guys dealt your team away and purposely played AHL stiffs to tank.

We have the fewest wins... so don't act like we aren't more deserving. :help:

btw, just kidding but if this thread is a whine fest, I thought I would throw my teams hope in as well ;)

-fullmetalninja

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
b-mad said:
I am so friggin pissed! We have to suffer through this nightmare of a season with the one small benefit of getting a potential franchise guy and they blow it by taking the friggin Rags to OT the other night. Now the Caps are in third and unless they win the lottery (yeah right) they lose out on the two guys that would do it. My only realistic hope now is that for some reason McPhee takes Olesz (of course I know how he loves those WHL kids, and especially o-dmen so he's gonna take Barker) and he turns out to be what he was hyped to be early in the season. This really bums me out because I've had this fascination (don't know why) with Malkin all year and unless (assuming Pitt or Chi winds up with the first) the guy picking 2nd loses their mind that's out the window.Man, I can't beleive it's all because of 1 stupid game they took to OT....and they didn't even win it. :banghead:

Don't count on Pittsburgh passing on Malkin should they lose Ovechkin . . . CP made it clear that he would go for Malkin should the lottery not fall the Pen's way . . . 'even if the Penguins don't get the No. 1 pick, Patrick is excited by No. 2 prospect Evgeni Malkin, another Russian forward.

"There are two really great players for sure, and we'll get one of them," Patrick said.'

Significant because CP blew some smoke the past couple of weeks of maybe looking elsewhere . . . likely to appease the fans should the pens have ended up out of the top too . . . ie, we did not want Malkin anyways sort of thing . . . . The quote above is from the bottom of this article . . .
http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/210264.html

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
XavierX said:
Well the question is, do you ask Ovechkin or any of the top 5 for that matter to play top 2 line minutes on their respective teams? That used to be a giant no no but guys like Nash seem to be getting it together after a year or two of struggling.

I think size plays a very important factor to how well you adjust. Nash is big, but not a giant, and this makes it easier for him to weather the grind while learning how to perform at a higher level. Same for Kovalchuk.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
I say this. Since the team with worst record has around a 48% chance at 1st choice, that would mean that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th worst would have around a combined 52% chance. So statistically one of the not quite worst 4 would have a better chance of getting 1st overall than the team with worst record if the chances of the not quite worst were viewed collectively. Of the 4 not quite worst the 2nd worst record team would statistically have the best chance among those 4. So if the winning lot has a better chance to come from the 52% than the 48%, the winning lot might really come from any where in said 52%. It might also come from the other 48%. So if it is looked at in a certain way, they have an equal chance as it will be them or not them.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Grave77digger said:
I think your wrong fan mao, teams past the 5 spot can also win the lottery and move up 4 spots, reducing the chance 2-5 have at winning

That was included.

The Penguins have a 25% chance of winning the lottery, but an extra 23.2% of a team outside the bottom 5 winning the lottery.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
b-mad said:
My only realistic hope now is that for some reason McPhee takes Olesz (of course I know how he loves those WHL kids, and especially o-dmen so he's gonna take Barker) and he turns out to be what he was hyped to be early in the season. :banghead:

As a CBJ fan, I hope you're right. I'd love to see the CBJ stay at four and have Barker slide to them... (unless they win the lottery, of course).

Safir*

Pachoo said:
The draft order right now, before the lottery tuesday, is:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Chicago
3. Washington
4. Columbus
5. Phoenix
6. NY Rangers
7. Florida
8. Carolina
9. Anaheim
10. Atlanta

Yes! IMO the Jackets will win the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->