GDT: Boston visits Carolina 7PM : Only bear sign left as the arena is clawed and gory.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
So in other words, you are saying you were talking out of your ass?

If that's what you got out of this, then fine. You choose to believe that Ron Francis valued hockey sense because he said so. I choose to believe that he didn't value it enough because he built a dumb team. You take people at their word. I look at the evidence. No big deal.

I'll bet scouting reports of 95% of players say they have good hockey sense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If that's what you got out of this, then fine. You choose to believe that Ron Francis valued hockey sense because he said so. I choose to believe that he didn't value it enough because he built a dumb team. You take people at their word. I look at the evidence. No big deal.

I'll bet scouting reports of 95% of players say they have good hockey sense.

Oh, give me a break Kev. Francis has made more than his share of mistakes, but you don't need to make up things to validate that. Not very long ago, people bitched about him not going after skill but being too focused on size and hockey sense.

To say he "didn't value hockey sense", IMO is just making stuff up. Not that I'm surprised that you would do that.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
This team is far from dumb. That’s ****ing ridiculous.

Oh, give me a break Kev. Francis has made more than his share of mistakes, but you don't need to make up things to validate that. Not very long ago, people *****ed about him not going after skill but being too focused on size and hockey sense.

To say he "didn't value hockey sense", IMO is just making stuff up. Not that I'm surprised that you would do that.

This team is *ridiculously* dumb. And the worst part is that it's rubbing off on the smart guys. Hanifin, Faulk, Skinner, Staal, Lindholm ... there's not a lot of hockey smarts in that group, and Slavin and JWill have made a career worth of dumb plays this season alone. One guy on this team has elite hockey sense: Aho. End of list.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Well the style of Bruins fan seems to have changed as well. The Bruins fans from my youth wore those baggy horizontal tiger striped sweat pants in Bruins colors to games, with a nasty dirty white old b’s jersey underneath the team jacket that was the same as the high school letterman jackets and hats that matched the sweatpants. They were almost all fat, drunk and with something like a mullet going on.

The ones I saw last night looked showered and wearing appropriate clothing, and were merely cheering vs dumping their beers on the heads of the people in front of them. The world has changed.

Massholes are everywhere, we have a ton of them out here on CO. I have a two buddies who have been here for over 20 years, still talk with a full accent (everyone else’s fade in time) and wear something from the Pats, B’s, Sox or Celts every single day for literally 20 years. They’re both medics, and the t shirt under the uniform is always one of the above and they often are wearing the underwear too. Good friends for over 20 years and if sports even comes up I leave the room.

2 things:
1...what is wrong with a mullet?
2....you got in their pants?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don’t even care about the result of the play, I just think it’s an interesting case from a rulebook perspective.

But seriously, that thread is one of the most amazing I’ve ever seen in terms of people flat-out making up events that didn’t happen, coming up with new definitions for common words, acting triumphant while citing the wrong rule, etc. Amazing.

I say this as someone that actually likes Jack Edwards for the energy he brings to a game... but do you or anyone with any sense of perspective actually expect any fanbase that listens to him on a regular basis to have anything resembling accuracy in what they post regarding their team?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->