GDT: Boston visits Carolina 7PM : Only bear sign left as the arena is clawed and gory.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
No, I don't think so, but I think with a different coach this group could be in a WC spot this season.

My biggest problem with Peters is that it looks like he doesn't care and his baffling decisions at times. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I would like to see a coach who get's angry when team blows 3 goal lead in like 2 minutes.

Of course, our roster is not good enough, I completely agree. We need major upgrades via trades and/or free agency.
I would do all types of bad things to get back Laviolette

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
6th in the Metro, 6th in the Metro, 7th in the Metro, and this year...6th on the Metro.

i cant get my phone to make it work, so there's supppsed to be a dr evil air quotes gif here to emphasize the quotes i very presciently included around the word "competitive"
-quotes.gif

-quotes.gif

tbn:ANd9GcRdb8i1VY79ZEvOwhKoTtkMv0aMUKp65CeDwzsy340LTfKltOs

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Look at Nashville, they are a power house.
I know... two of our former coaches are coaching powerhouse teams. Feels bad man.

Granted they have a lot more to work with but I feel like Peters would turn both of those teams into bubble teams somehow, Jarnkrok and Perreault would be skating 20+ minutes a game with him (though those two guys are way more deserving than Derek f***ing Ryan)

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I love the saves they put up for Wardo and Darling on the hurricanes website or the ones they pick out for the condensed game highlights.

9 out of 10 times you're like............... that's the best save of the game?

jesus christ........

Last night, they literally had a Ranger forward coming into the zone, shooting a fluttering slapshot from 4 feet inside the blueline and hitting Darling in the chest.

Great.... that's NHL quality goaltending there

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
This team never fails to disappoint. :clap:

In all honesty, I don’t really know if I should laugh or cry. I still love this team, but it’s getting ridiculous.

At least my overly optimistic brain now realised, we won’t make the Playoffs this year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Those were some of the most direct questions I've seen from local press.

- Is there a culture of losing on this team?
- Is there something fundamentally wrong with the team?
- The question about what he will say to Dundon.
- Do some of the guys that have been here for all of this (read Skinner and Faulk) need to be moved to change the culture.

etc..

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

- Do some of the guys that have been here for all of this (read Skinner and Faulk) need to be moved to change the culture.

etc..

They were all direct and Peters didn't give a straight answer to most of them. He did say he's concerned about a culture of losing, and that's about it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
They were all direct and Peters didn't give a straight answer to most of them. He did say he's concerned about a culture of losing, and that's about it.

He kind of did by not answering them.

In fairness, there is no good answer for many of them and a couple of them, he's right not to answer. He's not going to say Skinner and Faulk need to be moved, and it's not his decision anyhow. He's not going to detail what he'll say to the owner.

I'm not trying to defend him as a coach, just they were very direct questions which there was no good answer in that environment.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
12 goals allowed in two days. Is this the NHL or beer league?

I watched today, as I do every game, knowing that I'd probably be in a worse mood after the game than I was before it. I've started to really ask myself if I'd be better off just not watching. I've been watching the team religiously since I was ten years old. I've never seriously considered not watching games until now. Might just go cold for the rest of the season. For my own sanity...

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
He kind of did by not answering them.

In fairness, there is no good answer for many of them and a couple of them, he's right not to answer. He's not going to say Skinner and Faulk need to be moved, and it's not his decision anyhow. He's not going to detail what he'll say to the owner.

I'm not trying to defend him as a coach, just they were very direct questions which there was no good answer in that environment.
This is correct. After all....even though there isn’t one at the moment, Peters is certainly not the GM.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
he has a team with the worst center group and starting goalie tandem in the league on the precipice of a playoff spot.

peters isnt the problem, unless we're talking "if you're not part of the solution...". it's the roster.

this game is a good microcosm of how i feel bout pastor bill right now. there's nothing that's directly his fault, but there's not much of a way to defend the result. If he's let go, i hope he gets another chance somewhere. i doubt it though.

I agree with this. Our team is mostly comprised of terrible players. The only good ones are new and young and should not be starting off in a situation like this.

What Faulk did is an example of players essentially playing and coaches can only coach. We are plagued with spotty play and goaltending trying to stay afloat. I will forever be impressed with what Ward has accomplished with the guys he’s had in front of him, but tonight was just absolutely embarrassing.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
12 goals allowed in two days. Is this the NHL or beer league?

I watched today, as I do every game, knowing that I'd probably be in a worse mood after the game than I was before it. I've started to really ask myself if I'd be better off just not watching. I've been watching the team religiously since I was ten years old. I've never seriously considered not watching games until now. Might just go cold for the rest of the season. For my own sanity...

I asked myself the same question tonight. My wife literally asked me “aren’t you coming to bed?” and I said, “that loss just f’d me up like nothing before so I’ll be up for a while”. Watching all those Bruins fans own the arena after a performance like that really hits you.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I asked myself the same question tonight. My wife literally asked me “aren’t you coming to bed?” and I said, “that loss just f’d me up like nothing before so I’ll be up for a while”. Watching all those Bruins fans own the arena after a performance like that really hits you.
You could tell Williams was crushed by not only the loss, but by how loud the arena was for the Bruins. He was near tears answering questions.

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
You could tell Williams was crushed by not only the loss, but by how loud the arena was for the Bruins. He was near tears answering questions.

Totally agree, it was even louder than some weeks ago against the Pens. However it is kind of a vicious cycle. Performances like that don't really make people think "I wanna watch another Hurricanes game in the arena".

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

etc..
And they are all fair questions.

This organization set themselves up for this by selling everyone on the playoffs this year. You don't fail this badly and not expect the pointed questions. Quite frankly, it's about time the media started roasting this franchise for being such a colossal joke.

I'm starting to think this whole thing gets blown up to hell this offseason. Playoffs be damned, this franchise is going nowhere fast and the players are the reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->