GDT: Boston visits Carolina 7PM : Only bear sign left as the arena is clawed and gory.

Tryamw

Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Hey, just a quick question on this one... is it normal to give up 5 goals in 8 minutes and blow a huge 3rd period lead in the process? Just asking for a friend.
For a Average NHL team? No. for the Carolina hurricanes More often then it should. We're Special.We are great at playing Grab Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This offseason is a failure if we don't bring in at least 2 significant upgrades up front. We need a C, we need another wing either side. Ideally we move Rask just to clear salary, replace him with Necas. Time for Dundon to show us what he's got though, whether that's JT and JVR or what, we need at least 1 core caliber forward and another upgrade this offseason. About the only ones I'd keep up front are TSA, Lindholm, and McGinn, probably Williams as well. Skinner can stay or go, but just for depths sake I'd keep. The rest? GTFO.

UFA 1 - UFA 2 - Lindholm
Aho - Staal - Turbo
Skinner - Necas - Williams
McGinn - Wallmark - McLovin
not Ryan

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We can't even fall that far in the standings, I don't believe that this team will lose all 12 games, so probably around 3-4 teams can pass us in the standings, which means we are picking #8 if we don't win lottery. ****ing great.
You know what, I'll take #8. That gives us our choice from the 2nd tier forwards. Would be stellar if we could get our asses down in to Tkachuk territory but too little too late for that. But Wahlstrom? Welcome to Raleigh.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
he has a team with the worst center group and starting goalie tandem in the league on the precipice of a playoff spot.

peters isnt the problem, unless we're talking "if you're not part of the solution...". it's the roster.

this game is a good microcosm of how i feel bout pastor bill right now. there's nothing that's directly his fault, but there's not much of a way to defend the result. If he's let go, i hope he gets another chance somewhere. i doubt it though.
But still these things are not excuse for him being a poor at managing his team. He never calls timeout when it's needed. His famous blender is working almost every game. His pre-game speeches are pathetic, he can't motivate them at all. Ice time distribution is also very interesting to say the least. And many more things.

Only reason we are even close to playoffs right now is because metro sucks.

In my eyes, Peters is a assistant coach, not a head coach.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
latest

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
This offseason is a failure if we don't bring in at least 2 significant upgrades up front. We need a C, we need another wing either side. Ideally we move Rask just to clear salary, replace him with Necas. Time for Dundon to show us what he's got though, whether that's JT and JVR or what, we need at least 1 core caliber forward and another upgrade this offseason. About the only ones I'd keep up front are TSA, Lindholm, and McGinn, probably Williams as well. Skinner can stay or go, but just for depths sake I'd keep. The rest? GTFO.

UFA 1 - UFA 2 - Lindholm
Aho - Staal - Turbo
Skinner - Necas - Williams
McGinn - Wallmark - McLovin
not Ryan
Zykov

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
What the hell was Faulk doing with that backhand clear over the glass? It looked 15 ft over, not even close.

Even the homer Bruins announcers were shocked goal didn’t get called back for closing your hand on the puck.

You could feel it coming, they kept on losing the puck at their blue line when they had easy clears. This team is embarrassingly fragile. We beat ourselves. It’s like we need four more Jwillys.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
You know what, I'll take #8. That gives us our choice from the 2nd tier forwards. Would be stellar if we could get our asses down in to Tkachuk territory but too little too late for that. But Wahlstrom? Welcome to Raleigh.
To be honest I would take #8 as well, but to really change shape of this franchise we need a top3 pick and a good one, like from this draft.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
But still these things are not excuse for him being a poor at managing his team. He never calls timeout when it's needed. His famous blender is working almost every game. His pre-game speeches are pathetic, he can't motivate them at all. Ice time distribution is also very interesting to say the least. And many more things. .

The only one above i don't think is specious is the timeout.

Do you really think, given this roster, thst there is a coach out there that is a drastic improvement over peters? hence why I'm not advocating for his dismissal, but won't get broken if/when it happens.

Only reason we are even close to playoffs right now is because metro sucks..

he's had them "competitive " for the last three years

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Do you really think, given this roster, thst there is a coach out there that is a drastic improvement over peters? hence why I'm not advocating for his dismissal, but won't get broken if/when it happens.
No, I don't think so, but I think with a different coach this group could be in a WC spot this season.

My biggest problem with Peters is that it looks like he doesn't care and his baffling decisions at times. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I would like to see a coach who get's angry when team blows 3 goal lead in like 2 minutes.

Of course, our roster is not good enough, I completely agree. We need major upgrades via trades and/or free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->