bossy22's WJC DRAFT Selection Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Make lists OPTIONAL. Just put everybody on a ONE HOUR clock starting NOW. The rules stated that the time allotted to pick may change after the first round, well, just do it.

If someone has submitted a list then they get it when their turn comes. If someone misses their turn, they simply pick as soon as they can.

And announce that tomorrow the ONE HOUR clock will become a 30 minute clock for the remaining rounds, and post the times.

Let's go!

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I got my list. SHould I send it to you now bossy22?

BTW, Nokelainen was first on the list. I knew I wouldn't get him though... ;)

E&M

Nov 18, 2004
Vancouver
ok, so has the one hour officially started? cause if so, i guess i get to pick just before midnight at the latest

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Shadow said:
I say after the 4th round we stop, then everyone has until midnight tomorrow to make a list of 15+ players in order and sends it in to two people who will be able to finish the draft on Christmas day before the first game.

I say two people to make sure there are no mix ups or errors. Both of those two people should have the same list for the last 4 rounds, if there not the same those two can go over it and make sure it's right. That is to make it perfectly fair.

It would be a lot of work for everyone (especially those two) but I figure this would be the best way and the most fair.

Either way I am making a list now. I won't be on much tomorrow.

I like this idea best!

Each GM to submit a list for Rounds 6, 7 & 8 by midnight Dec 24th. I need a 2nd Gm to assist as he'll recieve the lists a swell and we'll fill in the blanks together.

We should be able to complete 4 and 5 by then. I have a list from flamesfan01800 already as he is out of town until the 26th so I'm selecting for him. If we can get BlueBleeder to pick tonight we could get 4 and part of 5 done tonight.

As much as I'd like to make it 1 hr rounds, its not fair to the Gm's who have not seen these posts yet. I'm all in favor of making Round 6, 7 & 8 one hour.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
ALright well, I'll hold on to my list then until tomorrow night.

We can do 1 hour starting tomorrow and the rest of the draft that's left, everyone can give in a list before midnight tomorrow for the rest. That sounds much better... that way the list doesn't have to be so big...

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
ofhdhdy said:
but what if I dont want to make a list?

Well, let's say we get through to the 7th round tomorrow (I think we could do it), we would only have to make lists for the last 2 rounds. Not very hard, IMO.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
ofhdhdy said:
I still dont want to make a list though

Well guess what, I didn't like making my list either, but I realized it must be done because I figure it's the only way this draft is going to get finished on time. If you have a better, more fair idea then making a list, I'd seriously like to hear it. Otherwise your just going to have to suck it up and just do it. And I am sure you'll be able to do it... I BELIEVE you can do it, so just do it! ;)

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Draft Update

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the feedback. I know everyone wants to see this draft through so we'll make it work. Here is the latest and greatest.

Round 4 is almost complete.
Round 5 -- Moving to a 4 Hour time limit
Round 6,7,8 moving to 2 Hr, 1 Hr and 30 Minutes, respectively

All GM's (including ofhdhdy) are required to submit a list of picks no later than 11:59pm Eastern on Dec 24th. Draft will continue until 4:29pm Eastern on Dec 25th using the above timeframes per round. At 4:30 pm Eastern Christmas Day after the puck has been dropped in the 1st game, the draft stops and remaining picks are filled per list and player position priority.

Still looking for a 2nd GM to recieve the lists for varification process.

Thank you

bossy22

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
bossy22 said:
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the feedback. I know everyone wants to see this draft through so we'll make it work. Here is the latest and greatest.

Round 4 is almost complete.
Round 5 -- Moving to a 4 Hour time limit
Round 6,7,8 moving to 2 Hr, 1 Hr and 30 Minutes, respectively

All GM's (including ofhdhdy) are required to submit a list of picks no later than 11:59pm Eastern on Dec 24th. Draft will continue until 4:29pm Eastern on Dec 25th using the above timeframes per round. At 4:30 pm Eastern Christmas Day after the puck has been dropped in the 1st game, the draft stops and remaining picks are filled per list and player position priority.

Still looking for a 2nd GM to recieve the lists for varification process.

Thank you

bossy22

Why can't we have a full 30 min right now. For exemple pick 52 at 2pm, 53 at 2h30pm, 54 at 3pm, etc...like that we will finish before the start of the tournay and it's more easy for GM to make their selection when they know exactly when will be their turn. For those who can't be their just continu with the idea of a list, but like that we could do a mix of the two solutions. Because with a 4 hours limit for round 5 it will take 40 hours to do it... theirs 27 hours left before the first game. To make a list for 1 or 2 round I have no problem with that... but for half of the draft ...

E&M

Nov 18, 2004
Vancouver
reffree said:
Why can't we have a full 30 min right now. For exemple pick 52 at 2pm, 53 at 2h30pm, 54 at 3pm, etc...like that we will finish before the start of the tournay and it's more easy for GM to make their selection when they know exactly when will be their turn. For those who can't be their just continu with the idea of a list, but like that we could do a mix of the two solutions. Because with a 4 hours limit for round 5 it will take 40 hours to do it... theirs 27 hours left before the first game. To make a list for 1 or 2 round I have no problem with that... but for half of the draft ...

I like that too, just let me know when i have to go on and I'll try to be there.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
reffree said:

Sorry guys, can't please everyone and we all can't be around as 3 GM's are awy. So that is the set up for the rest of the draft.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
To round out the Porter-Hensick-Fritsche line,

VanIslander selects hot young forward Kevin Porter, USA

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
bossy22 said:
I need a D so I will take Johan Fransson from Sweden
I just sent him to you on my list!!!

But he wasn't at the top. Can you please send me your list Bossy, since I sent you mine? (you said you would be willing to send someone yours, and you have mine, so...please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->