Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] John-Michael Liles (1 year, $2.000M)

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I didn't even think he was terrible in Toronto. It seems like a lot of the Toronto fanbase is obsessed with insulting any player who laces up for another team after leaving the Blue and White.

This isn't a terrible signing. It's not the signing of the day but he's still a solid defensemen who moves the puck well and has a decent head on his shoulders. He may not be the same player he was in his prime but he's certainly not the "worse defensemen" in the league. He's likely not even the worst defensemen on the Bruins.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Happy with this, many of my mock up rosters figured they might re-sign Liles for one year on a cheap deal to play the 3rd pairing and some power play minutes until some prospects are ready.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Liles isn't the answer for the Bruins D problems, but I don't mind this signing at all. 1 year, he fills in fine, can actually still make alright outlet passes...something only Krug can really do on the bruins. Don't mind depth D that can still move the puck.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Excellent deal, Boston. I loved JM Liles on the Canes last year. He was a ton of help to our young defensemen. He is a good puck moving defensemen with an underrated and strong defensive game. He very rarely makes "Oops" moves. I was hoping the Canes would pick Liles up, especially after mysteriously buying out Wiz. It seems like no one offered him more, which is surprising.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Sorry, we all can't be fans of Toronto. Wish we could all take lessons but instead teams actually, y'know, try to win the odd game.
Carolina fans know what he is - A decent PMD. Not bad. Not great. Gets the job done.

yes he is a depth guy that is on his last tour, shows how bad the bruins dee were that he was the 2nd best on the breakout

Last edited:

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
It is pretty impressive he has stuck around so long. His entire game in Colorado was his skating and the PP.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
People who think he sucks haven't watched him since Toronto failed to utilize him correctly. Very solid player. Happy for him.

He was great for us, but then suffered a concussion I believe and never played to that level again.

Everything aside, hear he is stand up classy guy. Glad the guy is still finding work in the league. Liked him when arrived, glad his career rebounded after injuries.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Liles always get hate from people who don't watch him play. He's been in the league forever and you don't hear his name that often but he's pretty solid in his role. He won't fix your D but he should help and, more importantly, he won't hurt you. This is exactly what you want from a #5 dman.

Good, low risk signing for the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad