Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Morgan Geekie signs with the Bruins (2 years, $2M AAV)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Looks like Bruins found a good player in him

I never understood why Seattle decided to let him go, seems like they could use him

A 40-45 points centrés with size has value

How has he been aside from points? Physical presence? Defensively? On the faceoff dot?

Only knock on him is he can’t stay healthy

Reactions: Tryamw

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I never understood why Seattle decided to let him go, seems like they could use him

How has he been aside from points? Physical presence? Defensively? On the faceoff dot?

Wouldn't call him physical but he uses his size on the puck pretty well. He's reliable defensively. A little under 50% on the season on faceoffs.

The points weren't there at the start of the season but he's been dangerous the past few weeks. Stepped up on Pasta's line when Zacha was out. Really good depth player - 3rd liner but can step up in a pinch.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Seattle has Beniers, Gourde and Wennberg in their top-9 and has Wright in the AHL. They just didn’t need him.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For a short stretch he was Boston's best forward. I have no issues with this guy's game at all. Seems to have elevated his game quite a bit with the extra responsibilities dumped on him. I'm not so sure it's sustainable, but for now he's filling in just fine as a go-to forward.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
He is a decent player, a third or fourth line tweener who can sometimes play in the top six. He gives you a high work rate, good versatility, and a good shot, but he is not super skilled or terribly fast. He was not a bad signing but the Bruins need more speed and skill.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He is a decent player, a third or fourth line tweener who can sometimes play in the top six. He gives you a high work rate, good versatility, and a good shot, but he is not super skilled or terribly fast. He was not a bad signing but the Bruins need more speed and skill.

I agree. I don't love him. He's a fine player but I think the Bruins fanbase has massively overrated him because he had one really good game covering top line duty when Zacha was injured. But he's a defensively oriented bottom 6 center with the flexibility to move up or down in case of injury and can kill penalties. But when forced onto Marchand or Pastrnak's lines he's looked visibly out of step with real top line talent, turns over the puck, isn't that strong on his skates, etc.

He's good to have in your lineup for versatility but honestly don't see it working on the top six and wish they'd have just kept Poitras there instead of sending him to the World juniors for no good reason.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad