Confirmed Trade: [BOS/CHI] Tommy Wingels for conditional 2019 4th/5th round

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I think this is a great move for the Bruins at the right price. Wingels should be slotting in as the 4th line right wing next to Kuraly and Schaller. He plays with jam, forechecks like a beast and in general makes life hell for the other team, and can play the PK. I’m excited about Wingel’s as an addition to the team!

Reactions: TCB

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wingels is a good soldier. Big, fast, plays with energy, and can play all forward positions. Bit of skill too. Boston fans will like him. Nice fourth liner/extra guy.

Reactions: TCB

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Dont get me wrong. Wingels is a wonderful human being, a nice model for younger player, good with the fans and all that stuff but from a game point of view, his gameshape is bordeline NHL caliber theses days. He can help for PK as a ton of you players probably could.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Dont get me wrong. Wingels is a wonderful human being, a nice model for younger player, good with the fans and all that stuff but from a game point of view, his gameshape is bordeline NHL caliber theses days. He can help for PK as a ton of you players probably could.

He’s a good skater and chips in on offense from the 4th line. Brings experience. He should hang on in the NHL until at least 35.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
If wingles can skate, grind it up on the boards and hit anything that moves he is a perfect fit on the Bruins 4th line. They just try to imitate the Hanson brothers on every shift.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I really like this pickup for the B's. Solid player who will fit nicley in our bottom 6.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Odds of a 4th round pick playing meaningful games in the nhl... maybe around 10%

Odds of tommy wingles playing meaningful games for Boston in this years playoff stretch drive and cup hunt... maybe around 99%

If theres some prospect available in 4th tound boston is hot for... can they convince a team to trade them a 4th round to replace this lost pick?

Honestly im not wowed... its a 4th line depth move... but anyone that takes the effort to criticize the move really doesnt follow hockey that closely

Its a high percentage move to improve a playoff team for what actually matters... a playoff hunt

Reactions: TheNip

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Odds of a 4th round pick playing meaningful games in the nhl... maybe around 10%

Odds of tommy wingles playing meaningful games for Boston in this years playoff stretch drive and cup hunt... maybe around 99%

If theres some prospect available in 4th tound boston is hot for... can they convince a team to trade them a 4th round to replace this lost pick?

Honestly im not wowed... its a 4th line depth move... but anyone that takes the effort to criticize the move really doesnt follow hockey that closely

Its a high percentage move to improve a playoff team for what actually matters... a playoff hunt
You're pretty much giving up nothing to bolster your depth a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->