GDT: BOS @ CBJ || Jan 2, 2024 || 7:00pm || Game 39 ||

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It looked like they were trying hard but got beat by a more detailed team.

The Siberian unit was possibly our worst, they couldn't get any possessions going. I'd give them more time but it's sad to say they've lost their magic, at least temporarily.

Jiricek not looking close to NHL ready.

Werenski is a big part of our 5v5 offense and you can tell we miss his motion in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Cowumbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you just looked at the NHL team stats without knowing the score, you'd probably think this game was in OT right now.

Not even looking at advanced stats, two more PP against the #4 team in the league was lucky to net only 1 GA. Three more giveaways ended up with two of them in the net. And that's the difference in the game.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
But hey, they're learning!
IMG_1148.jpeg

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It looked like they were trying hard but got beat by a more detailed team.

The Siberian unit was possibly our worst, they couldn't get any possessions going. I'd give them more time but it's sad to say they've lost their magic, at least temporarily.

Jiricek not looking close to NHL ready.

Werenski is a big part of our 5v5 offense and you can tell we miss his motion in the offensive zone.
They have problems in the game without the puck. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to move Voronkov to another line.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Positive
52-4-91 no longer look out largely outmatched in games. They are holding their own and getting good *advanced stats* results. They played against the Hayes/Bergeron line quite a bit.

KJ scored and had a mostly quiet night but you can see him making high IQ plays and guys not finishing. I wonder if 4/52 hold him back in that regard.

Provorov was ok tonight. Same with Gudbranson and Christiansen, although they struggle to keep the puck in and go D to D at the blue line.

Russian line and 13-11-17 really were fighting it. I know they have been scoring, but I don’t think the latter really mesh all to well.

4th line was pretty good. Roslovic had some chances on the rush, Texier some good retrievals and Guance just playing simple.

Jiricek needs to be sheltered, clearly.

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think Marchenko is super up and down lately. Even when he scores a point or 2 he has many moments he simply looks gassed. Conditioning issue possibly.

I was also hopefull when we acquired Provorov he would get back to his aggressive puck carrying, goal scoring ways. Dude used to be an absolute threat and while hes done well in the assist department hes absolutely not a threat to score at all

Reactions: tunnelvision

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Positive
52-4-91 no longer look out matched in games. They are holding their own and getting good *advanced stats* results. They played against the Hayes/Bergeron line quite a bit.

KJ scored and had a mostly quiet night but you can see him making high IQ plays and guys not finishing. I wonder if 4/52 hold him back in that regard.

Provorov was ok tonight. Same with Gudbranson and Christiansen, although they struggle to keep the puck in and go D to D at the blue line.

Russian line and 13-11-17 really were fighting it. I know they have been scoring, but I don’t think the latter really mesh all to well.

4th line was pretty good. Roslovic had some chances on the rush, Texier some good retrievals and Guance just playing simple.

KJ again made a couple of nice passes but who with him can convert. Their advanced numbers look good, but…….Maybe flip Bemstrom and Ros? There’s just not enough goals in the trio as now composed.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Positive
52-4-91 no longer look out largely outmatched in games. They are holding their own and getting good *advanced stats* results. They played against the Hayes/Bergeron line quite a bit.

- Fantilli and Danfort fought. Gaudreau lost perhaps every battle (not the first game anymore), didn't create a dangerous chance.
- Bemstrom is a combative speed skater, nothing more.
- Johnson and Sillinger were really great. I think we don't need minimum Kuraly anymore.
- The Russian line has trouble playing without the puck.
- I liked the fourth line, Roslo must return his shape but it is normal.
- Jiříček is young, similar mistakes are normal for these players.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Hes seen him before but Fantilli will continue to learn and understand how tough it is to go up against guys like McAvoy. The cute toe drags wont work so often. Once he fills out and starts actually attacking these guys it will be a sight to behold. I guess just count these as learning experiences for now so he has an excuse, couple other guys not so much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad