Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I'm one of the few people on here that likes Boro, but I'm not sure I agree with signing him to an extension before the season even begins. We have quite a few young defencemen coming up, so I think it probably would have been a good idea to see where they're at before committing to Boro for two more years. The contract isn't terrible and I like the physicality he brings, but I just don't understand the rush.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What really doesn't sit well is we have Thompson burrows boro now in at ~5.5. I mean. For a budget team..... people complain about guys getting bad contract but giving 3 extreeeeeeeeeenely low production plyers that money is just as bad.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

HousePerseus

Oct 7, 2011
ottawa
This has this has to be the last year for Wideman based on this.

With Chabot, Harpur, Jaros, Engllund, and Lajoie pushing not a lot of room left.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What really doesn't sit well is we have Thompson burrows boro now in at ~5.5. I mean. For a budget team..... people complain about guys getting bad contract but giving 3 extreeeeeeeeeenely low production plyers that money is just as bad.

You're complaining about 1.8 million average for 3 players?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He does, poorly. Everyone on these boards loses their minds at the Sens taking 'safe' players in the 1st round. This is the exact same thing. Playing a 'safe' plug because he tries hard instead of a good player who might make a mistake. That isn't even a good excuse either because Boro messes up too. I don't think hes the worst player in the world or anything, but if you want to be a good team - aim for higher standards. Boro was ranked last in the NHL in offensive contribution from the D. I know that isn't what he is here for, but come on, it wouldn't hurt to be able to play outside of our own zone once in a while when the 3rd pair is out

The offensive contribution whatever. He's not a offensive player and never will be. And that would be alright if he wasn't COMPLETELY ATROCIOUS defensively.

He leads in hits because he chases them all the time, he literally thinks hitting is the best defensive play to be made in every f***ing situation. And when he gets the puck in any sort if pressure 9/10 times it's a turn over and were going to spend the next minute hemmed in our zone.

He's one of the worst players in the league.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He does, poorly. Everyone on these boards loses their minds at the Sens taking 'safe' players in the 1st round. This is the exact same thing. Playing a 'safe' plug because he tries hard instead of a good player who might make a mistake. That isn't even a good excuse either because Boro messes up too. I don't think hes the worst player in the world or anything, but if you want to be a good team - aim for higher standards. Boro was ranked last in the NHL in offensive contribution from the D. I know that isn't what he is here for, but come on, it wouldn't hurt to be able to play outside of our own zone once in a while when the 3rd pair is out
Every team in the league plays a guy like Boro.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Since Boucher shared the same opinion of Neil that I did, I'm willing to accept that Boro adds value to this team using this particular system. I thought having Boro out for most of the playoffs might open some eyes, but I guess that didn't happen.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Boro is probably the forward that Dorion was talking about adding

I wouldn't even mind boro if he was a forward. Throw him out of there for 5 minutes a night to wreak havok.

But actually asking him to play hockey is a diaster every night.

Defence is too valuable a position. They need to be mobile, smart, and able to make good passes and obviously be able to defend.

Boro is the antichrist of all these qualities.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Great signing because of the term. By the end of the contract Borowiecki will probably be at the end of his career. Playing the style he does doesn't make for a long NHL career.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Another one of those extensions where you wonder... but why did we rush to sign him so early?
Dont worry we have all the key players locked in Mccormick Boro etc. Who cares about Turris and Stone.

On a serious note did anyone not clue into the team starting to win in the playoffs once he got hurt and they werent hemmed in the zone every time he was on the ice?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
For a budget team it's absolutely hilarious we pay Boro, Thompson and Burrows a combined 5 million.

Lunacy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Great signing. He led the league in hits last year by a large margin.

He changed the series vs. Boston and a player at $1 million who can change an entire playoff series is an incredible signing.

Great job Dorion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->