Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Strange that the team didn't just say "LBI" and not have so much buzz around it. Particularly if it was a sensitive issue like family illness. Even Boro said during his media interview that he "didn't want to discuss his personal health issue"

If I were a betting man, and there was an ability to bet on this strange thing, I have my money on them having to lance a boil on his genitals.

Reactions: The Lewler

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Hopefully nothing serious. Glad he's
Back. This team has been through way too much serious health stuff lately.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As a fanbase we should be vocal for Boro to stop fighting.

Ottawasun article hinted Boro might have anxiety.

I for one would love to just see him just hit people and play hard hockey. He doesn’t need to fight, especially the heavy weight battles.

Imagine being Boro with all the news about brain injuries and the history NHL heaveyweights have with depression and suicide , Drydens book, itd be impossible to do your job with a clear mind.

Boro keep your gloves on. We don’t need you to fight. Your game is way past that now.

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Let Boro play his game, I've gotten past his limitations and just look for a solid physical game.

Once the playoffs hit, let him hit everything in sight. I know everyone is saying that we started to win when he was injured, but I would have much rather had him keeping the Bruins and Rangers honest and hurting guys like he did in the first game against Boston.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I was at the game last week against Arizona and he had a great game, scored that one goal and came really close to two, that would of been awesome. I was happy for him with all the crap he takes on here.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I for one would love to just see him just hit people and play hard hockey. He doesn’t need to fight, especially the heavy weight battles.

Imagine being Boro with all the news about brain injuries and the history NHL heaveyweights have with depression and suicide , Drydens book, itd be impossible to do your job with a clear mind.

Boro keep your gloves on. We don’t need you to fight. Your game is way past that now.

Soooo... we should be treating him like every player in the league. Given what we know about head injuries, the post-playing careers of many former fighters and the mental health issues that have arisen for many enforcers we should be telling every single player in the league not to fight.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I would still prefer he never plays another second in a Sens Jersey.

I still hope he has a full recovery and a long healthy life. Seems like a good man.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

Yeah, I've always thought that he'll have a tough time in retirement. You has no problem fighting the toughest guys in the league and his style seems to be 'lower the chin and throw for the fences.' There's no effort to dodge punches.

Also, most of his fights are completely unnecessary. He always gives the opposing team a fight, sometimes in the dumbest spots.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Team has really struggled without Boro. What's his injury status we need some more hits and fighting. Boro leads the team in fenwick.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I believe he had at one time expressed interest in being an actual cop after his hockey career was over, I don't think he ever thought it was last this long.

Hopefully he can recover and be able to finish playing hockey and do whatever he wants to next without lingering issues.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Do some people really think it's a "skill" problem?

They scored like 19 goals in 5 games without Karlsson and were 3rd in GF/GP after Sweden (first 16 games)... and then the wheels fell off and people's conclusion is a skill problem?

Ok...

You could have 6 Karlssons and 12 Hoffmans on the ice and still end up losing every game (obviously that's an hyperbole)

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Team is 1-8-1 since he's been out. They are definitely missing some jam that Mark brings no question about that. As Guy said yesterday he's one guy you know is going to show up every night with the effort, and clearly right now the team could use that.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Team is 1-8-1 since he's been out. They are definitely missing some jam that Mark brings no question about that. As Guy said yesterday he's one guy you know is going to show up every night with the effort, and clearly right now the team could use that.

It wouldn't hurt for sure. I'm a fan of what boro brings, but the problem with this team right now is the top end talent not doing what they should be able to do. Boring doesn't help that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We're really just lacking good players.

Not enough skill in the lineup when Karlsson is struggling.
Stone, Ryan, Brassard, Duchene, Hoffman, Chabot ... how much skill do they need? While I would agree that they could use a 3rd line RW scorer like David Perron they have plenty of skill & were at the top of the league in scoring not that long ago. However, it's these same skilled players including Karlsson who are not scoring which then results in fans going after every other player on the team arguing they must produce more. What I would like to see is Boucher's boys replaced with our prospects who I doubt could be much worse.

I always find it interesting that people keep arguing to take fighting out of hockey & with all the concussion issues it's hard to argue against that. However, why are we not also hearing that Boxing, MLA, UFC & all these other different kinds of fighting not also be banned. They look to be much more dangerous & then we should ban hitting in the NFL or football in general, fighting in Lacrosse, Baseball, Basketball & Roller Derby. There is a lot of stuff that goes on off camera in sports like hockey too that should be banned.

Boro has taken some wicked shots in the back & driven into the boards several times which look a hell of a lot worse than any shots in fights. He's out now because of a play like that, those should be outlawed & players who hit hard from behind should be suspended for the same length as the player is out of action. It's so hard to know when it's an accident or incidental from the play & when is it on purpose though but I think sports are slowly moving in that direction & fighting will soon be legislated out of hockey. Eberle hit Crosby in the head recently as he was skating by him, was it an accident or on purpose, I couldn't tell.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Boxing and MMA are combat sports. Fighting is the entire point. Fighting in hockey is secondary to the actual game. As for fighting in baseball, players get suspended when bench-clearing brawls happen. Same with basketball.

Anyways, I think the team missed both Wideman and Boro. Both were playing really well this season. They miss Boro's physicality and Wideman's puck moving.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Here you are again sticking up for the little guy, good for you. But you couldn't be more wrong.

Wideman's injury actually coincides with our PP going into the in the tank. Operating at ~20% prior to his injury, and 12.5% since. That's been one of the biggest issues during our losing skid, a terrible PP. Not sure Wideman is the sole cause by any means, but he was a contributor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->