Waived: Booth placed on waivers EDIT: Recalled

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
For Booth, this could be a "paper" transaction than an actual sent down to Grand Rapids if the Griffins make the playoffs this season. He will replace Bertuzzi on the Griffins playoff roster. That would be my guess to these "transactions" this week.

IIRC, in order for Booth to be eligible for the AHL playoffs, he has to be in the AHL (already assigned or "on paper") when the NHL trade deadline passes. The team then has to burn one of their 4 post deadline "non-emergency" recalls to bring the player back up to the NHL after the deadline.

So if the RW want Booth in GR for the playoffs, an "on paper" assignment would need to have him in GR when the clock hits 3PM EST on 2/26.

Sounds to me like during the All Star break, they wanted Booth to get NHL paychecks and Turgeon to get into a game and some practice with GR.

Sounds like Booth didn't even make it to the Griffins at all during his brief assignment. I'm guessing if the Wings had the cap space, they probably would have retro-IRed Abdelkader to open a roster spot, allowing them to keep Turgeon on the roster while they need PK help and then Booth would've simply been a healthy scratch. However, having a mere $200k of wiggle room wouldn't allow it without Booth being assigned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->