GDT: Bonjour les Voisins! Ne pas! Le Hahahaha!

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Anyone remember that time when Canes beat them something like 5-1 and they were mad that their team lost to a "White trash bunch"?

****ing love it. Our existence makes them so angry. :laugh:

Wasn't that our like last game of the season in 2012 or something when Eric got the hat trick and it was a totally meaningless game? I was there for that shit

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Was at the game last night with a friend that doesn't see many Canes games. His comment about mid way through the game: "Wow, your defensemen pinch a lot."

I always knew that, but kind of became accustomed to it so as I watched more intently as the game wore on, it was incredible how often they do. They pinch on every 50/50 puck and sometimes even when they aren't going to win the battle and it's not always because they have a high forward helping them out or the other defenseman has dropped back. Most often, they are effective in either getting the puck back in the zone or at least disrupting it enough to prevent a break-away or odd man rush, but it's easy to see why the team seems to give up few shots, but more grade A chances.

I don't think I can ever blame a defenseman on the Canes again for a "Bad Pinch" because this is clearly something that is coached since all 6 defensemen were doing the exact same thing, even when the Canes were holding a lead late.

Ward was great last night.
Staal line was great last night, particularly Staal and Aho. Aho was the best skater on the ice last night.
4th line looked good. PDG was noticeable.
Thought all of the defensemen played well last night overall. Couple of scary passes from Dahlbeck and a few others (I remember one from Pesce).
Rest of the forward lines pretty much stunk. Williams had a couple of "WTF" moments that you shouldn't see from a vet like him. Skinner looks lost out there. Ryan and Rask were totally ineffective. McGinn and Lindholm probably the most noticeable of the middle six forwards, but were just "OK" at ES.

Overall, a good and needed win. I'm not worried about other teams winning in the Metro right now. The Canes have a ton of games against the teams they are competing with for a playoff spot (Boston, Rangers, Flyers, Pens, Devils, Caps, etc...). How they do against those teams will determine if they make the playoffs or not. Beat those teams and they'll make the playoffs. Do average or poorly against those teams and they won't.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don't see Boston (or Toronto for that matter) as a factor for us at this point in the playoff picture. They're almost 10 clear of #4 in the Atlantic already. We need to beat them simply to keep up pace but they're irrelevant to us in the playoff picture. They're in, and they're in spots we can't possibly claim.

Now. But all they need to do is pull a Philly and lose 10 straight and they will be right back here with the rest of us WC hopefuls.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
typical.....Chad does all the work, lazy EStaalo cherry picks the goals

1fbafe48a0f7013e0ce93ade64f9f189--hurricanes-hockey-carolina-hurricanes.jpg

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
That was about as flawless of a performance defensively by Faulk as we’ve seen under Peters.

I wonder if that Chip article lit a fire under his butt.
Faulk has always been one of the more partner-dependent Dman. Not saying Dahlbeck is great by any means but he is steady, takes few chances and allows Faulk to relax. He seemed unsure of himself with Fleury.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Faulk has always been one of the more partner-dependent Dman. Not saying Dahlbeck is great by any means but he is steady, takes few chances and allows Faulk to relax. He seemed unsure of himself with Fleury.

There's very little chance of Dahlbeck wandering off and doing something stupid. Faulk's first major success in the NHL was with Tim Gleason. Klaus is definitely in that mold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->