Bondra out for the Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Palffy, then Handzus, and now Bondra? Big ouch for Slovakia. Bondra is important in many ways; Leadership, power play qb, and offense.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
19bruins19 said:
Palffy, then Handzus, and now Bondra? Big ouch for Slovakia. Bondra is important in many ways; Leadership, power play qb, and offense.

Not to mention that apparently Zednik isn't 100%. I read it on the Habs board.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
bling said:
Huge suckage for the Slovak team! Who the heck slashed him???

If I saw correctly he blocked a shot... don't know who was the shooter thoug. Anyways it really sucks for Slovakia and for Bondra too as I'm sure he would've loved to prove everyone (specialy NHL GMs) that he's still able to play very well and score at a high level.

A little bit off-topic but why wasn't Bondra named team captain??? Satan isn't too bad of a choice but most of the guys on the team grown up watching Bondra and he's still the idol to many of them (Gaborik, Hossa etc.). He's a good leader and a hero in Slovakia so I find it weird that they didn't name him captain even before the tournament kind of like Canada did with Lemieux.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Ronald Petrovicky was named as the replacement for Bondra. Gaborik and Zednik will play today so they are healthy.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
The choose the right replacement though, I thought Petrovicky shoudl have been on the original roster. Slovakia doesn't have that many reliable defensive players. I just can't understand how they could choose Cibak over Petrovicky.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Robertsson 4-ever said:
The choose the right replacement though, I thought Petrovicky shoudl have been on the original roster. Slovakia doesn't have that many reliable defensive players. I just can't understand how they could choose Cibak over Petrovicky.
I thought about that too. IMO Petrovicky should have been on the orig. roster. At least now he is (alhtough I would be happier if he wasnt= healthy Bondra).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad