bondra...looking back

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
let me start off by saying that i've always been a huge bondras fan. unfortunately i haven't had a chance to watch him in his prime. he played for my home town team before he came over to north america and was my favorite player. i've been living in canada for 7 yeras a i'm happy that i could see him playing at least during this years. he just joined 500 goal elite club. i'm just wondering if you can share your opinions on peter during his NHL career. where would you rate him not only in terms of skills as a sniper of 90's but also contribution to washington franchise, leadership, team player and so forth. who would you compare peter to?. i mean players that are in theirs prime in last 5 years...

when he was a teen...he had no idea waht defence was but was extremely likable a fans back home considered him a hero.

what do you imagine if you hear peter bondra?

trevchar1971

Jun 1, 2006
Bondra was one the NHL's best goal scorers in the mid to late 90's.... lotsa speed and shooting ability but was IMO one dimensional.... wasn't as spectacular as Bure or Selanne ( the best right wingers of that era) but still pretty good... he was on par with the likes of Palffy, Recchi, Fleury, Amonte ( as RWers go ).

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
Bondra was one the NHL's best goal scorers in the mid to late 90's.... lotsa speed and shooting ability but was IMO one dimensional.... wasn't as spectacular as Bure or Selanne ( the best right wingers of that era) but still pretty good... he was on par with the likes of Palffy, Recchi, Fleury, Amonte ( as RWers go ).

i'm not 100% sure but i've read that no one has scored more goals in 90's then bondra except jagr...can somebody confirmed hat?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I like Bondra but he's no HHOFer. he was a great goal scorer for sure but the lockout year when he scored 34 goals he only had 9 assists. That's brutal. he was one-dimensional and he never led the Caps to anything good. I liked him but he lacked all-star nods too and if he had even just 2 of those I'd consider him for a Hall candidate. He was a great goal scorer no doubt but he was never in the top 10-15 players in the game.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
i'm not 100% sure but i've read that no one has scored more goals in 90's then bondra except jagr...can somebody confirmed hat?

Hull scored 464 goas while Bondra had 337. Also guys like Jagr, Shanahan and Selänne had more goals than Bondra. But he's in top 10 though. Obviously some players have the edge over others because they played in early 90's too.

Lux Aurumque*

Bondra, my all-time favorite player. His style, skill and speed made him extremely dominant in his prime, even today he brings a lot of leadership to a team and can throw in some clutch goals here and there. I loved when he went to the Thrashers, and I thought he was VERY good before his injury.

He'll be in the HHOF for sure. No doubt about that one.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
I think about how he is one of the best hockey players in the 90s, and how he has one of the worst agents in the history of the sport.

I think of how he completely used the Caps fans' support, and used it as leverage to get a better contract from a division rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad