Bolland

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

He was impressive.

All he did was hustle.

IMO, he played better then Schremp throughout the whole game.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
He was impressive.

All he did was hustle.

IMO, he played better then Schremp throughout the whole game.

You must have been watching another game then. I was at the game and Bolland was pretty much invisible. I was interested to see which one of the Knights was going to step up and it definately was not David Bolland. He did nothing to make himself standout. Hustle will only get you so far. Schremp is 5 times the player Bolland ever will be.

Rather Gingerly 1*

I knew Bolland was not as good as Schemp. But I was thinking about a late first round pick for my team

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Bolland was one of the better players on a losing Team Cherry. Their second goal was all his effort getting the puck to the net so Wolski could convert. Out of 20 players on Cherry he'd definitely be Top 10, probably 5 or 6.

leafaholix*

Yeah, I guess I was off.

But to me, he looked pretty good.

Schremp seemed to shine a lot at the start of the game, and that trick move really turned me off.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
Yeah, I guess I was off.

But to me, he looked pretty good.

Schremp seemed to shine a lot at the start of the game, and that trick move really turned me off.

It was a top prospects game. A little flashiness isn't going to hurt anybody (except maybe Don 'I like the boring style' Cherry). What's up with people not giving props for spectacularly skilled moves?

leafaholix*

There are scouts there... it's an event to show off your skills... your hockey skills, not a circus shot.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
There are scouts there... it's an event to show off your skills... your hockey skills, not a circus shot.

I just disagree with you. It's an event to showcase all the skills you have. You are trying to wow the scouts and get them to watch you carefully. Sure they are there watching everybody but if you can draw attention to yourself and then perform well you will be ahead of the other guys there. JMHO.

leafaholix*

That circus shot wasn't an attempt to impress or get attention from the scouts... he's had their attention for years. It was an effort to liven his home crowd.

Which is ok I suppose, but for some reason it urks me. There are probably a couple other guys in that game that could pull a freak move like that. It's not really a "skill" when you've been practising for 6 years.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
go pierre hedin said:
That circus shot wasn't an attempt to impress or get attention from the scouts... he's had their attention for years. It was an effort to liven his home crowd.

Which is ok I suppose, but for some reason it urks me. There are probably a couple other guys in that game that could pull a freak move like that. It's not really a "skill" when you've been practising for 6 years.

Did Schremp shoot a puck off your forehead in the game or something?

Leave the kid a lone. That was a sweet move no matter how long he has been practicing it for. I would like to see how many other people can do it. This was a Prospects game meant to show what you can do. I think Robbie showed enough of his hockey skill during the first two periods when he spotted his team a 3 goal lead with his "hockey skills".

In the 3'rd period with the game comfortably in his teams' favor is when he pulled the move.

Whoever cant admit that moves like that aren't a treat to see are pathetic. Don Cherry included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->