Bogo back on skates

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Bogo was made to be a Manitoban, I think. Lots of fishing and hunting to be done up here, and no one blinks twice if you're wearing cowboy boots. :D

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
He was on TSN Radio.. I guess he wasn't supposed to be talking to reporters but he did anyway haha. He said it feels good he just has to ease into it. Still feels weird and there's some mental stuff to it too because it's his first surgery.

He just went for a skate, I don't think he did any drills or shooting.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This is probably the last guy any of us want rushed into the lineup.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope he takes his time.
No need to rush back. The lockout helped in a sense that he'll miss far fewer games than he would have.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
This right here seems like a fantastic time to finally get an answer as to what the H Zachy Goj is!!! HELP! I couldn't figure it out all last year!

Just a fun way of saying his name.

Instead of ye old boring "Zach Bogosian", we've put that on its head and now go with "Zachy Goj". It was also done with other names like Ronny Hains, Dusty Buffs, Chrissy Thorbs, etc.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Just a fun way of saying his name.

Instead of ye old boring "Zach Bogosian", we've put that on its head and now go with "Zachy Goj". It was also done with other names like Ronny Hains, Dusty Buffs, Chrissy Thorbs, etc.

Geez, it seem so simple now. It was the spelling of Goj that threw me for a loop... :P

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This right here seems like a fantastic time to finally get an answer as to what the H Zachy Goj is!!! HELP! I couldn't figure it out all last year!

You have to realize them Thrashers fans are going a little loopy after everything that happened to them :P

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to here he is skating. I wouldn't worry about him being rushed into the line up. He won't get the okay until he is completely healed. The End of January puts him right in the middle of the original 4 - 6 month time line. Since he is already back on skates and is recovery seems to be on schedule by all reports the end of January or early February seems most probable to me.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Some reporter on twitter tweeted it this morning.

He is supposed to be out 4-6 months
Mid feb is 5 months

Edit: its in a freep article by tait and campbell. Figure he could be out the first month.
Which would be mid feb

Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN:

MT@DarrinBauming Bogosian Says screw in his wrist came out in early Dec. Timetable for return appears to be late late Feb.

Appears to be just an educated guess.

Can listen to bogo talk about his injury at http://illegalcurve.com/2013/01/07/winnipeg-jets-audio-from-the-iceplex/ (as posted in another thread). Doesnt say anything concrete, but you can get a feel for the state/timeline of the injury.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sounds like he will be out until mid-end february sometime

KW, I'm surprised to see you here. Thought you were out? :sarcasm:

Mid Feb sounds about right, considering he has just skated and not even held a stick yet.

I for one just prefer good old Brogosian. I still want that on a jersey but would probably end up punching someone who said "you spelled it wrooong"

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Obviously want Bogosian to not be rushed into the lineup, he's just too important to this org.

But man, mid to late Feb will be what, 15-20 games? Ouch.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Obviously want Bogosian to not be rushed into the lineup, he's just too important to this org.

But man, mid to late Feb will be what, 15-20 games? Ouch.

Right now all the speculation on when Bogo will be back is like throwing darts at a dart board. No one has a clue at this point. Hopefully we will get some sort of real information as training camp opens up. It is only Jan 7th...late February is a long ways away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad